April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (KDGJ, Jtplumb, battle, AaronN, smlekid), 458 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,473
Posts545,160
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

hell, when nick and the loader were speaking the cc was functional....when the rest of them were speaking for 30-40 seconds - the "translator" was offering 2 or 3 words...

tom

"it's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards."
lewis carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Great to see those gents having a bloody good time w/some old iron kept in high condition being put to its intended use. Thank you for sharing that w/us!

1 member likes this: mc
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Gent with the Pony Tail is speaking German most of the time. As he adresses the camera he speaks native German, when talking to the loader etc he speaks English.

Hugh Lomas,
H.G.Lomas Gunmakers Inc.
920 876 3745
1 member likes this: tw
Sidelock
Sidelock

[quote=ed good]back in the eighties there was a healthy competition between ml shotgun shooters in arkansas and missouri...

They may still be going strong. Back in April I was passing through southeast Missouri and came on quite the black powder rendezvous going on along the St. Francis river above Wappapello.

(BTW beautiful Ozark country that.)

Speude Bradeos
CJO Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Hugh Lomas
The Gent with the Pony Tail is speaking German most of the time. As he adresses the camera he speaks native German, when talking to the loader etc he speaks English.

First thing he opens with:

“ A very big part of the hunting tradition we now surround ourselves with comes from the British Isles and British hunters”

He’s speaking Danish Hugh…

CJ

The taste of poor quality lingers long after the cheap price is forgotten.........
1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

I loved it. Having shot clays, doves, and pointed wild quail with a 16b m/l doublegun I can relate to much of it.

Did you notice the loader blowing down the bores before loading, in one sequence? There are at least two logical and important reasons to do so. First, when you blow down the bores from the muzzle, and you see smoke exit the nipples, it ensures that they're indeed open for the next shot, and not clogged. Secondly, the moisture from your breath helps to extinguish any remaining smoldering embers that could possibly be in the bore from a previous shot, and would set off the powder charge about to be dumped down bore. An accidental discharge of powder alone could very well result in singeing the loader's eyebrows, or even damaging his eyes. Not to mention soiling his undies.

As to the ponytail criticism, get over it. He is expressing himself in his own way, and not harming anyone in the process.

I enjoyed that video, Mike!

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

"What is that?"

"Percussion cap. Ye've done this, have ye--"

"Yeah, yeah."

Love it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I did find myself suppressed by the remark that one of the contributors made about the length of the hair by one of the men in the video. I can only assume that person prefers military short back and sides hair cut though less genius he may have Male pattern baldness. Now one thing in common we Brits have with our German cousins is a strong historic military re-enactment enjoyed by many. So to give him the benefit of the doubt he may be a member of that group like myself, now this may come as a bit of a shock, that yours truly has hair as long or may be longer than his also I have in a pony tail or top Knot and is not grey with no dye involved, even though I would like to see my seventy fifth birthday again . Yes I am a member of the "sealed knot" society (just google it) the re-enactment is from British history the Cromwell era and long hair was the norm in those times. Now every three years I have my hair cut off and I donate it to a charity "Little Princess Trust" who provide wigs for young girls who have lost theirs due to cancer chemotherapy. Well you "goby fart" you know who I am referring to, a bit of advice "engage brain before opening ones mouth" and never judge a book by its cover.

Ernie aka Damascus

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!
3 members like this: susjwp, graybeardtmm3, BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
Sidelock

As someone with a long silver ponytail, I have to say something...

Great to see people enjoying themselves with old guns. Put someone in the group with a pin-fire, firing three or more shots to everyone else's, and it would take you back to the 1850s. It is easy to see the part horror, part jealousy, that some would have felt to the new invention!

Thanks for posting the video.

1 member likes this: mc
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.