April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (bushveld, 1 invisible), 1,133 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,146
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Lloyd3
Thanks Dogon. While it's been the "imperfect storm" here for almost too-long now (& to answer Ted's earlier question about relocating) just picking up and moving isn't exactly easy either. Every other place I/we might consider will likely have it's challenges as well going forward. While my wife & I aren't natives here, we've lived here for almost 40-years now and we have the roots to prove it (children, friends, family, church, professional associations, etc.). The best solution to all that (that I can think of right now) is to just maintain a home here and travel to play elsewhere. If we happen to find a better option someplace else, then hooray (!), but until that time we'll likely just solder on here, vote our conscious and do what we can otherwise. Remember, living well is the best revenge.

Sounds like you've come full circle to where I've been at for a while now. When I do the cost-benefit look at things for making a move, I always come back to its probably just better to stay rooted here and travel to the places I want to spend some time in. Family, Friends & familiarity with my surroundings are a major factor in deciding to stay here & put-up with the craziness.

I found the rancher in the video interesting. I can't tell you how many Ranchers & farmers I've known like him including some family connections who homesteaded here with one of them in the north park area outside of Walden. Listening to the rancher in the video say his dad started his place in 1905 got me thinking about how my great grandfathers arrived here a little over two decades before that. Some of my reluctance for moving is due to my deep roots here & I'm just bullheaded enough to say screw these bastards--I'll be damned if I'm going to let them push me out.

Last edited by dogon; 02/23/24 11:20 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes their names, but no pictures or descriptions. Not hard to figure out why. It wouldn’t further their agenda

Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

"Beneath Sheeps Clothing" by Julie Behling is a book I hoped I'd never have to read. Deeply selfishly, I'd prayed that this culture war we're finding ourselves rather immersed-in now wouldn't happen until after I was long gone. Things aren't hopeless yet, but it's getting fairly dicey in lots of places anymore (the big cities & both coasts). The wars our father's and forefathers fought to secure this last period of peace and prosperity, at least for this country (~80-years) appears to be coming to an end. What comes after is anybody's guess, but I suspect that it won't all be pretty. This coming election year is going to be a serous catfight and I have absolutely no-idea how it will all turn out. I'd love to continue to ignore all the unpleasantness and just focus on the fun things in life but... I suspect that we'll all get dragged into it somehow and fairly shortly now. God help us.

2 members like this: dogon, Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

My favorite Donald Trump video.

Sidelock
Sidelock

In Montana, much like Colorado, things have been heading downhill. Our Republican super majority legislature is cutting the poor from Medicaid and turning away federal money to feed hungry children. ( It's just too much trouble to administer.) Elk numbers are strong,but deer are scarce everywhere. And, Craig, it doesn't seem to be the result of legalized pot. It's not wolves either. Housing is very expensive. We don't have enough teachers and doctors. Still, the rich flock here to buy the landscape and lock it up. They do hate our stream access law and run afoul of it from time to time. We have a great state constitution and would be in far better shape if our Republican government would abide by it. We have a lot of poor people, many of them homeless, but they didn't cause our current problems. They are its consequence.

Bill Ferguson
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

My favorite Biden Obama ,video

Sidelock
Sidelock

Medley of Donald Trump speechs-

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow jimmy,trump lives rent free in your head

1 member likes this: keith
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by canvasback
Originally Posted by mc
A good example of activism and politics, is the tea party and ultimately the Obama administration using the IRS to shut them down.the tea party would affect the election of Obama and the Obama couldn't have that ,we think the democrats are wrong they think Republicans are evil.

I'm glad someone here gets it. The Tea Party were activists. Different from politicians. We need more Tea Parties. We need more people who rise up again in a different form to continue the fight after they are politically stymied by a corrupt IRS doing Obama's dirty work. We need that shit going on for the next 40 year.......not 4 years.

James,
What you don’t seem to understand is that the Patriot Act created a surveillance system to spy on ordinary Americans. It was in place when Obama took office and he and Holder took it to the next level, spying on, and targeting their political opposition.

You don’t hear the words “Tea Party”, anymore. They were hounded out of existence by the IRS, FBI and the Justice Department, which, were fully weaponized under the same administration. That is the new, leftist model of life here, simply lawfare the opposition out of existence. See “Donald Trump”.

The media is completely in the tank for that half of the political spectrum, and the truly stupid among us don’t seem to or don’t want to grasp it-did you not notice a certain Professor quoting the New York Times with bogus climate change information, full well knowing they were instrumental in the false dissemination of the”Russia Hoax” and the story of Hunter Biden’s laptop being “Russian Disinformation”?

To date, they have not corrected either of those stories. What kind of idiot uses the New York Times as a source?

Our idiots.

I can’t help but notice your own idiots are just as bad.

God help us.

Best,
Ted

2 members like this: Stanton Hillis, keith
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mc
Wow jimmy,trump lives rent free in your head
Brilliant!! And many others, obviously. 😊 Hopefully, I'll get rid of him soon, too.

Last edited by Jimmy W; 02/23/24 05:09 PM.
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.