May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (HMAK, liverwort, 1 invisible), 1,039 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,507
Posts545,622
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 25 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 24 25
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nobody has answered my question......doesn't California have a statewide ban on using lead to take any wildlife? Or is that incorrect? Just asking.

Just in case this has not been answered, the answer is YES. The ban was phased in and the last time we could shoot lead on doves was the 2018 season (I think). One of the unintended consequences was that it screwed up the hunting in southern AZ because all the CA assholes went there to hunt. It was so miserable around Yume that we skipped a couple years of early season hunts just to avoid those guys.

And to the poster who said lead bans are OK because he's fine shooting steel, those of use who hunt with.410s and 28s would disagree strongly.

3 members like this: Stanton Hillis, mc, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

One of the posters who used to frequent here said he wanted non toxic shot mandated because it would “weed out the kids and weekend wannabes” from the public grounds.

So, yea, they are out there.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Replacement
Nobody has answered my question......doesn't California have a statewide ban on using lead to take any wildlife? Or is that incorrect? Just asking.

Just in case this has not been answered, the answer is YES. The ban was phased in and the last time we could shoot lead on doves was the 2018 season (I think). One of the unintended consequences was that it screwed up the hunting in southern AZ because all the CA assholes went there to hunt. It was so miserable around Yume that we skipped a couple years of early season hunts just to avoid those guys.

And to the poster who said lead bans are OK because he's fine shooting steel, those of use who hunt with.410s and 28s would disagree strongly.

I didn't quite say it was ok. I believe I said that more (bans) of it will probably be coming and the manufacturers will have to make guns that shoot steel shot. I can't see me ever shooting 28 gauge or .410 that much myself. Guess I feel sorry for the gentlemen who do.☹

Last edited by Jimmy W; 03/26/24 12:02 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Jimmy W
I cant see myself ever shooting a 28 gauge and probably not a .410, either, so..........?? Sorry about the guys who do. Good luck.

We don't need your pity, Jimmy. But, thanks anyway.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
2 members like this: John Roberts, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

You guys will just have to get you a big boy's gun. 😄

Sidelock
Sidelock

.....the manufacturers will have to make guns that shoot steel shot. And it doesnt really affect me. Meanwhile, I have about a half dozen bags of lead to run through my reloaders in the future. But I can adapt and shoot steel at the clubs that make me use it. I cant see myself ever shooting a 28 gauge and probably not a .410, either, so..........?? Sorry about the guys who do. Good luck.
No thanks to your brand of slow drip gun control. Don't forget about pricing shooters, particularly new ones, out of the game. You are a fan of shooting sports, exactly as you are a climate fanatic, make Jimmy happy first, and no one else matters.

2 members like this: John Roberts, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by craigd
.....the manufacturers will have to make guns that shoot steel shot. And it doesnt really affect me. Meanwhile, I have about a half dozen bags of lead to run through my reloaders in the future. But I can adapt and shoot steel at the clubs that make me use it. I cant see myself ever shooting a 28 gauge and probably not a .410, either, so..........?? Sorry about the guys who do. Good luck.
No thanks to your brand of slow drip gun control. Don't forget about pricing shooters, particularly new ones, out of the game. You are a fan of shooting sports, exactly as you are a climate fanatic, make Jimmy happy first, and no one else matters.

Sorry. I just try to get along.

Last edited by Jimmy W; 03/26/24 12:04 PM.
1 member likes this: BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jimmy you really are pathetic. You’re a prime example of a lefty. Just to clue you in about your party, they don’t really give a crap about lead poisoning . It’s just another attack on legal gun ownership. It’s just another attack just like their first response to mass shootings is gun control. That’s all they got. Agenda agenda agenda

3 members like this: John Roberts, craigd, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ksauers1
Jimmy you really are pathetic. You’re a prime example of a lefty. Just to clue you in about your party, they don’t really give a crap about lead poisoning . It’s just another attack on legal gun ownership. It’s just another attack just like their first response to mass shootings is gun control. That’s all they got. Agenda agenda agenda

Sorry you feel that way, sir.

Last edited by Jimmy W; 03/26/24 12:05 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

A little not so "light" reading here, https://pointingdogblog.blogspot.com/2015/05/pure-copper-shot.html. Why is this shell option not available here? That I've seen at least.

Chief

4 members like this: John Roberts, graybeardtmm3, Ted Schefelbein, Stanton Hillis
Page 7 of 25 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.