April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jtplumb, 2 invisible), 1,247 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,144
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 25 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 24 25
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by craigd
Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
…..Biologists do not make policy….
I’m a crusader. Some biologists, wink, have to churn out data that policy makers pay for, right prof. Luv me some grants.

Except it does not really work that way. That is probably beyond your ability to figure out, but just the way it is. The datums are what the datums are.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

1 member likes this: Jimmy W
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by canvasback
There are now a pair of bald eagles nesting in downtown Toronto, the centre of a 7 million person metro area. Fifth biggest in NA.

For many years my father had a 15 acre island on Lake of the Woods.There was an eagles nest on the southern part. We weren’t allowed by the government to do anything on the southern half of his island for fear of disturbing the eagles. This despite the fact that eagles have been commonplace at LOTW for 40 years. Another pair built a nest at eye level from a friends deck atop a 45’ cliff. The nest was 60 feet away and we could see into it. Every year we’d watch a new hatch grow. But the wizards thought eagles can’t manage proximity to human activity.

In many cases the biologists and what we call the MNR don’t have a clue about what is really going on. I’m with Chief. Provide irrefutable evidence of no harm from lead and it won’t change policy one iota. Because it’s not about what they say it’s about.

Besides, everyone with eyes and a brain knows they’ve been lying to us about the spread of cougars eastward from the Rockies.

Biologists do not make policy.

What is the cougar conspiracy?

Not much point having a conversation when you pretend not to know what I’m talking about.

In other words, you are all hat and no cattle.

Just another big windy.

Brent, I can have reasonable conversations here with just about everyone but Keith. Ask SKB. But you are full of shit if you are pretending not to know what I’m talking about by referencing cougars. Subsequent to your pretence, you even acknowledge the subject in your response to Mark II.

You want to take it personal. You’ve even done it on other sites we both frequent. I don’t have much time for complete asshats.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

What is the cougar conspiracy?

Not much point having a conversation when you pretend not to know what I’m talking about.

In other words, you are all hat and no cattle.

Just another big windy.

Brent, I can have reasonable conversations here with just about everyone but Keith. Ask SKB. But you are full of shit if you are pretending not to know what I’m talking about by referencing cougars. Subsequent to your pretence, you even acknowledge the subject in your response to Mark II.

You want to take it personal. You’ve even done it on other sites we both frequent. I don’t have much time for complete asshats.

As you wish. But you are once again full of shit as you often are. You want to talk about black helicopters dropping cats in Iowa? Fine. Tell us all about it, but reasonable conversation it is not. You cannot handle a conversation that deals with fact. Let's see you list the lies specifically. You can't. It ain't there. The IDNR has many times acknowledged and even reported cats in Iowa. Mark II knows that. We all know that. The Des Moines Register prints their acknowledgements. There is no population of cats, with few exceptions young males that travel hundreds of miles - mostly from the Black Hills, as confirmed genetically over and over. Do you really wish to claim there are established, sustained, transplanted populations here? Try it. Let's see your data. Come on.

If you want to call someone an asshat, lookin the mirror. You are what you are, a two-bit liar.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

[quote=BrentD, Prof][quote=canvasback][quote=BrentD, Prof]

What is the cougar conspiracy?[/quote

As you wish. But you are once again full of shit as you often are. You want to talk about black helicopters dropping cats in Iowa? Fine. Tell us all about it, but reasonable conversation it is not. You cannot handle a conversation that deals with fact. Let's see you list the lies specifically. You can't. It ain't there. The IDNR has many times acknowledged and even reported cats in Iowa. Mark II knows that. We all know that. The Des Moines Register prints their acknowledgements. There is no population of cats, with few exceptions young males that travel hundreds of miles - mostly from the Black Hills, as confirmed genetically over and over. Do you really wish to claim there are established, sustained, transplanted populations here? Try it. Let's see your data. Come on.

If you want to call someone an asshat, lookin the mirror. You are what you are, a two-bit liar.

Except I’m not talking about Iowa. I’m talking about all across NA. Decades of denying their existence in Ontario despite hard evidence. Scat, fur, pictures, eyewitnesses, horses and cattle injured by large cats. Do you know how far southern Ontario is from the Black Hills?

And apparently you did know what I was referencing. That brown stuff is spewing out of your mouth.

I’ll also take the “anecdotal” evidences of several decades of hunters, farmers and other outdoorsmen over the pronouncements of government employees with a policy axe to grind. At least Covid had one benefit…..expose the BS of government funded “science”. You should be embarrassed!

Last edited by canvasback; 03/19/24 10:07 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

[quote=BrentD, Prof][quote=canvasback][quote=BrentD, Prof]

What is the cougar conspiracy?[/quote

Except I’m not talking about Iowa. I’m talking about all across NA. Decades of denying their existence in Ontario despite hard evidence. Scat, fur, pictures, eyewitnesses, horses and cattle injured by large cats. Do you know how far southern Ontario is from the Black Hills?

And apparently you did know what I was referencing. That brown stuff is spewing out of your mouth.

You do know how far they can walk, no? No. You do not.

You truly are clueless. But let's keep the black helicopter myth going. It is all you've got. Either that or you have your own breeding facility in your backyard, right?

Come on, tell us all where the great mythical cougar populations are. You seem to know it all. And now, I don't mean the fat women over 40 either. You talk a great game, but you really do not have anything to back it up.

In the meantime, you did specifically mark Mark II's comment, so I feel perfectly fine responding to it - it is bullshit. Plain and simple. And I'm sure he knows that too, just like you. Why the need to troll more lies? DNR's all across the continent on both sides of the border are conspiring to populate the entire continent with mountain lions. You are one sad joke.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

BrentD, the feckless dolt. The most despised character on this board. This narcissistic windbag just never STFU. If this forum wasn’t available to make him feel good about himself, I’m convinced this giant boob would sit in front of a mirror and argue with his own stupid face. He’s up 6,621 post of worthless drivel.

I’ll tell you this, when I was a Nebraska (Omaha) & Iowa (Glenwood) resident in the early 2000’s, both the Nebraska and Iowa DNR’s swore up and down that there were no cougars in either state, and if there were, they were migrants. Anyone who spent anytime in the outdoors knew they were there and the DNR was full of crap. There were breeding populations in both states, especially along the Platte River corridor and the council bluff-loess hills area. When a young immature Lion was shot and wounded in downtown Omaha (that cat now resides at the Henry doorly zoo), a lady in Gretna NE filmed an immature cat in her back yard (local news played her 911 call along with the arriving police officer radio traffic confirming to dispatch that it was not a house cat or a bobcat) and then a Lady ran over a lion at night driving from council bluffs to Glenwood, both DNR’s had to change their tune. Another incident of note is a farmer just outside of Omaha shot and killed a Lion on his property stalking his cattle…that cat had a radio collar on it…it was found when the Nebraska DNR showed up and politely asked for the collar back. Hmmm. There were many articles in the Omaha World Herald about this. I used to waterfowl hunt along the Platte on a private lease, you’d hear strange growling when walking out to set up early in the am. I personal witnessed a small herd of whitetails run across the Platte after hearing growling and thrashing in the woods. These were not raccoons or bobcats. I knew they were there….so did the little old lady that I leased my hunting spot from. Theres no question that they are there, in populations that are breeding locally, not migrants.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Getting back to eagles . . . I doubt that eagles dying from lead poisoning has anything approaching a significant impact on the population. The problem exists because rehabilitators find sick eagles, and find that they have ingested lead from gut piles, road killed deer that may have been wounded by hunters but unrecovered, etc. All followed by a hue and cry. But as I said earlier, the sick eagles will get publicity because they have a fan club. Crows, vultures, etc don't really have a fan club. And as someone else noted, we learned a long time ago that covids in particular (crows and jays) are very susceptible to West Nile Virus. That's very likely their leading cause of death.

Re cougars, one thing that isn't very likely to happen with them in Iowa or Nebraska: They're not very likely to be protected. Farmers would go nuts. So we'll continue to read about the occasional cat shot in Nebraska, or even less frequently shot in Iowa. And pretty much everyone except the really radical animal rights types will likely be OK with that.

Last edited by L. Brown; 03/20/24 06:30 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by L. Brown
Getting back to eagles . . . I doubt that eagles dying from lead poisoning has anything approaching a significant impact on the population. The problem exists because rehabilitators find sick eagles, and find that they have ingested lead....

....All followed by a hue and cry. But as I said earlier, the sick eagles will get publicity because they have a fan club....
Directed to the prof, Larry, and Steve lol, grants are what datums are.

Sidelock
Sidelock

.....Re cougars, one thing that isn't very likely to happen with them in Iowa or Nebraska: They're not very likely to be protected. Farmers would go nuts. So we'll continue to read about the occasional cat shot in Nebraska, or even less frequently shot in Iowa. And pretty much everyone except the really radical animal rights types will likely be OK with that.
Last fall, I did a little visit up in Canada, and I noticed a billboard campaign, paid for by Montana parks and wildlife. It has to do with feral hogs, and the follow on damage to the agricultural industry, who managed to survive and thrive in the harsh climate. When I looked it up, the story is Montana state is trying to stop these hogs from moving south, but it is illegal to dispatch them in Montana.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by craigd
Getting back to eagles . . . I doubt that eagles dying from lead poisoning has anything approaching a significant impact on the population. The problem exists because rehabilitators find sick eagles, and find that they have ingested lead....

....All followed by a hue and cry. But as I said earlier, the sick eagles will get publicity because they have a fan club....
Directed to the prof, Larry, and Steve lol, grants are what datums are.

Early to be so bitter Craig, seems like your attitude all the time lately. Must be an election year, or did someone piss in your cheerios this morning?

Sorry, not buying the all science is tainted because scientist need grants BS the far right is pushing. Garbage and nothing more.

We did not progress as a society this far by ignoring science.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Page 13 of 25 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.