April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (welder, andygt, skeettx, Tim in PA, 2 invisible), 1,263 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,143
Members14,409
Most Online1,319
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by eightbore
Brent, can we see pictures of your Cashmore? A friend has a couple of unusual Cashmores and is interested in those pigeon guns.

Certainly. They are not so unusual, however. I think I know the pigeon guns you are referring to, and I have momentarily forgotten their name. Very striking and different.

This is actually a Christchurch gun and quite plain. But it is very well made and fits me well. I also like the hammer design/layout.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This is the Paragon with a nice hidden third fastener

What does the screw on the side of the forearm do?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Tamid
Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by eightbore
Brent, can we see pictures of your Cashmore? A friend has a couple of unusual Cashmores and is interested in those pigeon guns.

Certainly. They are not so unusual, however. I think I know the pigeon guns you are referring to, and I have momentarily forgotten their name. Very striking and different.

This is actually a Christchurch gun and quite plain. But it is very well made and fits me well. I also like the hammer design/layout.

This is the Paragon with a nice hidden third fastener

What does the screw on the side of the forearm do?

There is one on each side. They anchor the ejectors in place in the forearm. This was my first ejector gun, and I also did not know what they were initially. Not all ejector guns have such a screw, but many do.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

KY Jon Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Looking back I have seen a lot of Scottish makers and they all seem to be finished to a high standard. Some have been driven hard and are well worn but they all have quality builds. Pity so few are as nice as the round action and better yet the side lever round actions. One of those is coming up in the next Holt's auction. 20 bore with I think a 3-5,000 estimate which if sound as it looks will top 10,000 I expect.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My friend does not own a Nitro, but does own a couple of unusual Cashmores.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have always thought one gun maker who could be classed as as the largest ghost gunmaker of the British Victorian era who deserves a lot of credit is this one.

His locks and actions can be found on many top London and provincial manufacturers. so his name can appear on all of the Major gun parts, barrels actions and locks only having the so called maker of the gun name displayed on the top rub or the lock plates of the gun.
I have a "Adams" hammer gun with his name on the outside and Brazier's name on everything but the stock.
I feel that Brazier was content to play second fiddle as long as the was making a comfortable living ghost working.

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!
2 members like this: Ted Schefelbein, graybeardtmm3
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Better picture of my Rosson.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
1 member likes this: BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a 10 Gauge Tipping & Lawdon hammergun that is very nice. Pics in the New Toy thread a few weeks ago. Not English but I seem to have a thing for Henri Pieper or Bayard (same thing sort of) hammer guns, they are becoming an accumulation if not a collection

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by SKB

Better picture of my Rosson.

Rosson had a specific patent issued for a self opening mechanism, applicable to boxlocks and sidelocks, if I am not mistaken.

Is this one of those?

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brazier’s name can be found on many guns. I have a Needham needlefire bolt action double that is marked with Brazier on the interior. Also, had a John Dickson hammer gun that was a conversion and marked Brazier Patent. That gun is shown in the Dickson book.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

This is not one of the Rosson self-openers.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.