May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
11 members (Borderbill, Jimmy W, eightbore, Hugh Lomas, gasgunner, 1 invisible), 234 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,496
Posts545,355
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#645015 03/31/24 08:00 AM
Nitrah Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I had carpal tunnel surgery on Wed. All went ok until Wed evening as the numbness wore off and it was too late to get the pain med prescription filed. I try to avoid taking pills if at all possible and the nurse had said I might be able to get by with Advil. Now I have had 4 knee surgeries including complete replacement and 2 foot surgeries and the pain with this when the numbness wore off was off the charts. As a friend explained it kind of makes sense since you have a lot of nerves in your hand. I got on the pain meds as soon as I could and after three days completely off them, but that first day it was like my hand was on fire with no relief. Hope to be back shooting in 4 weeks.

This ain't a dress rehearsal , Don't Let the Old Man IN
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm just recovering from gall bladder surgery. This past Tuesday. Can't really complain because I'm 65 and it's the first time I've ever been in a hospital or had any kind of surgery. Have not been on any pain meds since 24 hrs after the procedure and that was Tylenol which they said was more for inflammation than for pain.

The closest thing I can liken to how this has felt is if I was suddenly forced to do 300 sit-ups and now I'm dealing with the late onset muscle soreness. Annoying as hell but if you don't move, nothing hurts. However, I know I know I'm supposed to stay mobile so Daly has been getting lots of short walks.

I live alone so that means I've been fussed over by the women in my life, my two sisters, my ex and a couple other lady friends. The hardest part of the whole thing has been keeping those people separate from each other. Hahaha!

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nitrah, I had the perfect opposite experience with my release a month ago. I've no explanation for it but I was pleased not to need even an ibuprofen! Luck??

Welder

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Nitrah
I had carpal tunnel surgery on Wed. All went ok until Wed evening as the numbness wore off and it was too late to get the pain med prescription filed. I try to avoid taking pills if at all possible and the nurse had said I might be able to get by with Advil. Now I have had 4 knee surgeries including complete replacement and 2 foot surgeries and the pain with this when the numbness wore off was off the charts. As a friend explained it kind of makes sense since you have a lot of nerves in your hand. I got on the pain meds as soon as I could and after three days completely off them, but that first day it was like my hand was on fire with no relief. Hope to be back shooting in 4 weeks.

Don’t rush it. Best of luck with your recovery. Getting old sucks.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nitrah, I would agree. I broke my dominant side wrist years ago and the surgeon recommended that I live with it as long as I could. When arthritis eventually did its work he said, he would then fuse it. Although, I’ve had hip replacements and other third world “killer” fevers and “bugs” over the years, the pain from that wrist surgery was in another realm. A friend lent me his ice water circulator and that was a big help. Hope you’re through this and back shooting in short order.

Speude Bradeos
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Advil always works for me. I've had the gout from kidney disease the past few years and it has finally subsided to the point where the pain is mild on occasion. But if it starts to get painful or if I get any pain from anything anymore, I reach for the Advil. It works for me within minutes. Good luck.

Last edited by Jimmy W; 03/31/24 11:20 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I did an unscheduled self administered carpal tunnel type surgery a year and a half ago. After the REAL surgery, ( to repair the 6 severed tendons, severed ulnar nerve and severed main artery) I was given a prescription for pain killers that I filled but never had to take any. While I never needed any pain killers, the down side is that I still have no feeling in the outside of my left hand (other than a tingling and electric shocks whenever it touched anything).

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pretty rough looking injury LTK. What caused it?

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Pretty rough looking injury LTK. What caused it?
It was CAUSED by stupidity but inflicted by a zip cut disc on an angle grinder blowing apart.

Sidelock
Sidelock

i carpentered for much of my work life....and, can tell you with some experience that power tools have no conscience....

best regards,

tom

"it's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards."
lewis carroll, Alice in Wonderland
1 member likes this: Licensed to kill
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.