Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I'm on the bubble. Anybody have an opinion on a Bernadelli Gamecock, imported by Stoeger? Does anyone know the years Stoeger was the importer? It's a 12 gauge, straight grip. VG condition with decent (though unspectacular) wood. Very nice checkering though. $650, which ain't a lot in the world of SxS pieces but represents significant coin for me. Were these decent guns?

Oh, I forgot to mention it's a boxlock, case-hardened color. Very tight and new-gun like with just a few marks on the wood. Dealer says it's choked M/F but I've got my doubts. Tubes are 25-ish inches and printed info I consulted suggest it was only available IMP/MOD in 12 gauge in that barrel length. I've got the fever and am hoping someone can square me away about whether these are solid guns for the money or not and put me out of my misery one way or another. I always get great advice here.--Pete

Last edited by UpInMichigan; 09/24/07 01:08 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a 20ga. that is just about what you describe. Plain wood but a good servicable double.
I sold it because it was to light for my tastes but the guy I sold it to is using it every year for doves.

Hope this helpes.

Regards, Gordon

Our Dogs make our lives better
Sidelock
Sidelock

In 1972 it sold in Italy for 141,000 Lira, about $235 at the time. They are decent guns. At $650 it is a bargain if the condition is very good or better. As far as choke, they were available in a wider range than imp/mod at least in Italy.

Peter

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have one in 20 gauge. I've had it since 1977 and shoot it regularly. I paid $300 (how times have changed!).

They are lovely little guns but light and whippy. I find I shoot mine better if I run my left hand out a couple of inches farther toward the muzzle than most sxs I shoot.

For years, this was the only shotgun I owned and it shot skeet, doves, slugs (not very well) and everything else I used a shotgun for. It's still the gun I did best in a dove field with (11 birds in 13 shots), although in an attempt at honesty, I do have to mention that my particular location on that day resulted in the birds presenting like a station 1 high house bird in skeet.

For that money, you can't go wrong, given the condition you describe. The Vincenzo Bernardellis were very good guns for the money and are today.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I bought a 28 ga. hammer gun. It cost a little more than what you are asking about but it is very nicely engraved, made in 1928 and I shoot it very well. It is a little light so you do have to slow down your swing. For the money, I have no problems with this gun. At $650, I would buy it. That is a little cheap for that gun. Frank

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.