April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (fab500, Craigster, ClapperZapper, Chad Linder, Argo44, earlyriser), 474 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,472
Posts545,154
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Did any of you Gentlemen who "DiD' Pintail Point happen to see,Hear of,Trip Over,Our OLD Friend from 'Brum" Jack Rowe, Gunsmith 'Extrordinair"...I hope he was there. No answer from his Pho.Fri.....Really a Bummer having to sit out here on the Pub-Deck watching the waves crash onto the beach having to contend with these Nubile Young Waitress's bringing 20oz glass's of draught Harp....(Thinks, I really do miss Old Poudre's Happy Smiling $$ for Eyes, and his happy Banter at the King Eddie's Pigeon Roast/ Bun-Fight tonight.....Oh well,really hope it all go's Smoothly for all concerned.(Dont forget all you "Brits",Touch that Forlock before you speak to you Colonial Hosts!!!) crossedchisles/dt.

Sidelock
Sidelock

David,
I did not see him there on Thursday nor Alfred. I always like talking to Alfred and Jack.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Michael Petrov
Originally Posted By: Remington40x

A magnificent Fugger engraved Griffin & Howe small frame Martini .22 in a G&H case.

Tell me more! Who had it and did you take some pictures?

Michael:

The Martini was on the tables of a dealer by the name of Gary Herman. Unfortunately, the price was so far out of my price range that I never thought to pick up his card, so I cannot supply his address or telephone number. I didn't have a camera, so I can't provide a photo, either.

I'm sure you could get Mr. Herman's address from the Vintagers organization, as he was one of the listed vendors on their web site.

Sorry to be of so little help.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr T:

Just got home couple hours ago. Talked to "Salopian" who was helping Toby Barclay with sales and appraisals. Prices were on the "hopeful" side Thurs. and Fri. Shot the American Classic yesterday. Trouble there. Knocked the rear rib ramp(it's the seldom seen swamped rib variety; ramps look like they belong on a Charlin) off my Fluesie on first station but found it. Solder job! Lots of powder dust from very dry cornfields blowing over everything; pretty abrasive stuff. Many unsold concessionaire guns will need some attention to get the stuff out. Also talked to Bruce Scott and his wife. Sat down at food table with us. I took one look, said "Are you a movie star? He comes back with "Yes" just as cool as you please. Think he took a couple 100$ pokes at the RC airplane. Lot of fun talking to Mr. H. (Salopian) but best part rowing across Grace Creek in Bozman to get those MD Blues from the supplier on the other bank. Crabs at the "Claw" in St. Michael's small, empty, expensive.

jack

rabbit #58736 09/30/07 07:33 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Herman is the ex-proprietor of Safari Outfitters when it was in Connecticut. He now works under his own banner and is known to most show goers. Someone will post his contact info I'm sure. Mr. Chisels, we missed you and you missed a Joe Knapp Club gun on a sales table, brand name should be very familiar to you!! Murphy

Sidelock
Sidelock

Many thanks for the News Up-Dates from 'PTP' Sounds like this maybe the Location for 2008?.Kevin, Thanks, Jack,I've spoken with Mr H, Would have enjoyed meeting all the 'Faces'. Murphy, Joe Knapp No 4!!!Would like to know who to contact? Was it for sale??Sounds like there may be Joe K. part 2!(Could that be a Fox?)I do seem to be "Inundated" of late, with AHF Guns and 'Stuff'. Small box of unfitted parts came in the mail..no name or return Add.???Only 10 days untill No35 has a 'New" Caretaker...cc aka dt

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would like to thank Rocketman for putting my gun on his device to determine MOI. I learned a lot and it was nice to talk to him about what gun is best for me regarding weight nad balance point. I was able to grasp a lot and not some at all.

What a nice and noble thing to do for anyhone who wanted to take a few minutes of their time and have Rocketman get data on different guns.

The Parker tent was outstanding with the display of the guns from 410 to 8ga. that was just a mind blower.

The pair of A-1 Speicals in 20 ga. was a sight to behold as well.
Never saw a price but as the old saying goes. Who am I fooling. I coulden't afford the sales tax on those two.

Gordon

Our Dogs make our lives better
Newlyn1 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well, my wife convinced me that my impromptu day off would be better spent with my 18 month old son and she was right. Took a few old rifles which rarely see the light of day to the range in the morning and spent the rest of the day with my kid running amok in the mall and then at dinner, just the two of us. Too bad I missed what sounds like a fine collection of guns and companionship at the Vintagers, but there is always next year for that. Thanks for letting me attend vicariously through your stories and reports.

Newlyn1 #58868 10/01/07 06:14 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Chisels, I don't know about #4. I'm only aware of the Fox in the article and the Winchester 21 in the other room, now the P, no, not the American P, it was from the UK. What was #3? Mr. Spooner implied that there was a covey of them roosting right down the road from the Vintagers site, maybe in St. Michaels, MD. Maybe it was you that made that implication, I don't remember. The gun at the show came from out of town. Murphy

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've been reading about the match shooting career of J.P.Knapp in the mid 1890s. He was quite the pigeon shot in those days.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.