April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Ken Nelson, bbman3, ClapperZapper, Mark II, Fudd, 1 invisible), 1,024 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,476
Posts545,187
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

That site shows buyers premium of 22%
"Buyer Premium
$0 - $50000 22%
$50001+ 22%"

It also states this;

"Taxes
Your bid does not include South Carolina sales tax. Local 7% Sales Tax applies to all items pick up without Resale License, or are to be picked and shipped up by ICC courier."

One would could think the total added to the sale is 29% plus shipping for a out of state bidder.
Since this "contract" (thats what you agree to when you bid on there)seems to differ from what is "said" here they may want to change that if indeed they are not charging sales tax for shipped items and a buyers premium of 15%

Also,not quite sure how a post 1898 firearm can be released to a UPS store(the suggested shipper as the auctioneer does not handle it) as they are not licenced to do the transfer.

BTW:George L, this post is not meant to be is not "venomous or rude" just pointing out how it looks to potental bidders so no need for any
"shut up and stay away's" ok?

Last edited by Dave K; 12/02/07 07:24 AM.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave: According to the printed catalogue the Buyer's Premium for this sale is 15%. Charlton Hall has their own Federal Firearms License and as far as I know does their own shipping. I will, however, check on that tomorrow. South Carolina State sales tax will only be applied to those items picked up at the point of sale, Charlton Hall Auctions, or shipped within the state. No sales tax will be applied to those items shipped out of state according to Ron Long, Charlton Hall's owner. You can direct e-mails directly to them at info@CharltonHallAuctions.com.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Boxlock
Boxlock

Hi George,

I have been watching/reading the discussion forum entries for the December 8, Lady’s & Gent’s auction, and I thought I would email some information that will help clear up some confusion and concerns that your group may have.

First I would like to thank you for your help in trying to resolve these issues, as well and your help in general with the sale.

1) Buyer’s Premium: Our in-house premium is 15%, meaning if you by from us via, absentee, phone or attend the sale in person. I think that the confusion with the bidder’s viewing Live Auctioneers website. They are a go between company for Real-World auction firms and eBay, so that we may offer live webcasting of our sales. Most bidders find this a very interest alternative to conventional bidding. However, eBay charges a 7% commission for this service and that is added on to our standard 15% making it premium 22% for those who chose to bid via this platform. ALL of our sales are webcast, as this one will be, minus the firearms. Since the Virginia-Tech shooting, eBay no longer offered these types lot articles. The online catalogue link is http://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/14413

2) Sales Tax: South Carolina State law states that all sales are taxable, unless otherwise except. Exceptions would be completing a SC State Tax Exception form (or) have your purchases shipped out of state via ICC shipper, such as UPS, FedEx, and US Postal Service.

3) Shipping: All pre-1898 firearms with be shipped via UPS Store. Post-1899 firearms will be shipping by Charlton Hall to a licensed firearms dealer. You can contact us for shipping charges.

Once again we are please to provide detailed condition reports, additional images and any other information which is requested, all you need to do ask.

Best Regards,
Ronald D. Long
President
Charlton Hall Auctions - Auctioneers & Apprasiers, Since 1929
912 Gervais Street
Columbia, SC 29201
T: 803-779-5678
F: 803-733-1701
info@CharltonHallAuctions.com
Visit us at http://www.CharltonHallAuctions.com

Ronald D. Long
Charlton Hall Auctions
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very good info straight from the source. Thanks for the answers. Could you please answer one more question? Are the British guns being sold in proof? Thanks

Sidelock
Sidelock

" Post-1899 firearms will be shipping by Charlton Hall to a licensed firearms dealer. "

Does this mnea you willl not recognize a proper class 03 FFL, commonly known as a C & R license? It is distinctly different from a "dealers" license, but is a valid FFL for guns over 50 years old and others particularly listed in their lengthy list. That would be very disapointing if you have made that choice. All other firearms auction houses I am aware of do recognize all forms of FFL's, not just a dealer's license.

Boxlock
Boxlock

Hi Mike, The British guns are sold as being in proof. If you have any question, it is always best to ask about a specific lot. Thanks, Ronald D. Long

Ronald D. Long
Charlton Hall Auctions
Boxlock
Boxlock

Hi CheifShotguns,

We will ship any and all firearms by Federal guidelines set forth by the AFT and/or the state that you live in. Our staff has had extensive training the local ATF official last week. So in shortly if the shotgun you are interested falls within the AFT guidelines for class 03 FFL, then we will have no problems shipping it to you.

Keep the questions coming! Thanks, Ronald D. Long

Last edited by CHGauctions; 12/04/07 08:25 PM.

Ronald D. Long
Charlton Hall Auctions
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't mean to beat this same old horse when he's already been whipped pretty good, but there's another statement that absolutely blows my mind: "Our staff has had expensive training the local ATF official last week. " I'll bet you meant to say "extensive" training. But, your staff has only last week received training in ATF regulations. Once again, it would appear we are dealing with maybe an experienced auction house, but certainly not experienced in the sale and handling of firearms, at least modern sporting firearms. I think it's very regretable that nobody has spoken up and admitted this. It would have gone a loooong way to have stopped some of the prior debate. This is one more reason for me to avoid this particular sale. I'm kinda' like the college boy who, on seeing the cute little girl half his age said "here's a quarter, call me when you grow up." I know you can't get experience without doing it, but, to me, and apparently to many others here, experience counts VERY heavily. You guys don't exhibit much of it. If your staff goes thumbing through the booklet for C & R guns every time they have one to either sell or ship, it'll be a long sale. Your people should essentially KNOW which are eligible. The 50 year rule is pretty important. I really hope they don't have to look up every gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry to hear that you're not going to participate this time Chief. It looks to be a really fine event with some great guns and potentially some very good buys.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

I really hope you d well but I must say there is lots of confusion here.
The live auctioneers site clearly states 22%,George say the catalog says 15%(not doubting you George just pointing out the confusion) then Ronald,posts it is indeed 22% through that live auctioneers.
Next issue,both Ronald and George state no sales tax charged for shipped items(as it should be) but in clear printing is says:
Taxes
Your bid does not include South Carolina sales tax. Local 7% Sales Tax applies to all items pick up without Resale License, or are to be picked and shipped up by ICC courier."

"OR ARE TO BE PICKED UP BY ICC COURIER"

again,not doubting you but this is confusing when the printed word is not or may not be what is intended

I agree with Chief Shotguns,I think I will wait till you get things straightened out and you get past this one.Hope it works out for ya all and no hard feelings.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.