April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Marks_21, Fudd, 1 invisible), 439 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,472
Posts545,155
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Boxlock
Boxlock

Hi again CheifShotguns,

Your concerns with regard to thumbing through the AFT manual, should be no concern. We have already gone through the entire catalog and the list of gun with AFT agent and have a list of what is required for the sale of each post-1899 firearm. There are only about 50 guns which fall into this category and so it should not be a big issue! By all means if your do not feel comfortable in bidding please don’t!

Hope to have you join us next year for part II………………..

Regards, Ronald D. Long

Ronald D. Long
Charlton Hall Auctions
Visit us at http://www.CharltonHallAuctions.com
Boxlock
Boxlock

Hi Dave K,

As I mentioned earlier, the condition of sales you are reading on Live Auctioneers and/or eBay Live Auctions website, carries and up charge and govern the sale that they make money on. Since the firearms CAN NOT be sold on webcast via live feed. You will not be able to bid on items through their site, and will have deal directly through us. The link to our in house terms and condition is http://www.charltonhallauctions.com/?pageid=4 , section 13, states that the BP is 15%.

Regards, Ronald D. Long

Ronald D. Long
Charlton Hall Auctions
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave: Making it as plain and easy to understand as possible:

For all items purchased through e-bay the sales charge is 22% because e-bay charges 7% over the 15% that the auction house charges. Since guns can no longer be purchased through e-bay the charge on guns is 15%. Any cases, artwork, decoys, mounts, jewelry purchased through e-bay will carry a charge of 22%. GUNS WILL BE AT 15% since they must be purchased directly through the auction house.. O.K.?

S.C. State Sales Tax will aaply to any item picked up by the buyer at the auction house or shipped by common carrier to a destination within South Carolina. (STATE LAW). Any item, guns included, shipped by common carrier: Fed Ex, UPS, U.S. Postal Service, etc. to a destination outside South Carolina WILL NOT be charged S.C. State Sales Tax. O.K.?

Since LiveAuctioneers.com is an arm of e-bay their instructions do not apply to this sale as it pertains to firearms since e-bay does not allow the sale of firearms. Only Charlton Hall's Conditions of Sale apply to this auction. If you don't want to pay the extra 7% on the other items I suggest that you do not bid through e-bay but through Charlton Hall via: Absentee, Telephone or In-Person bidding. If you don't want to pay the S.C. Sales Tax I suggest you get your purchases shipped out of state.

I hope that this clarifies these issues. Charlton Hall is doing it's level best to make this a wonderful event. After all, it's their first time out & I sincerely hope that those of you who do participate in this auction will post back and let others know your thoughts and feelings once it is over. I'm going down there this afternoon to meet Dig & Mike. Having this type of event locally here in the U.S. instead of across the pond is, to me, a grand idea that should be encouraged rather than disparaged.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't believe any of the posts above has "disparaged" this "grand idea." Quite a few of the posts above, however, mine included, have questioned the manner in which the "grand idea" is going forward. Particularly the inexperience of the auctioneers in handling sporting arms of this type and the on-line presentations. I, too, hope it is successful. If so, it will be one more auction house added to the existing ones who do such a great job with their particular versions of the same "grand idea." Good luck. That's a sincere offering.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree, only wise ass remarks in whole thread where "shut up and stay away" from the PR guy George L.I have no clue what "disparaging" in any of the posts but then again consider the source!

As far as I can tell its forget whats printed on the web sites and go with what they are saying,thats fine and I hope they can pull that off.I give up trying to point that out.I really hope they do ok, all that "expensive training" from the "AFT" will come in handy for the next one and will grow into a auction true gun auction house!

Last edited by Dave K; 12/04/07 05:43 PM.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: George L.
You all have made some very valid points. Tell you what! Anyone who e-mails me their mailing address I will see to it personally that they get the printed catalogue Fed Ex'd to them this week. The pictures in the catalogue are admittedly more & much better.
E-mail me at palmettotreasure@aol.com. That's the best I can do this time around.

Best Regards, George Lander

George, sent an email last week, still no catalog, can you check please?

recoil@optonline.net

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Boxlock
Boxlock

Hi Recoil Rob,

Please email me at the info@charltonhallauctions.com with your personal details and we will track the package.

Everyone that George emailed me about was sent catalogues and they were sent via FedEx. However, a small number of folk had PO Box address which was mailed US mail, we have found that USPS delivery is iffy at best.

Regards, Ronald D. Long

Ronald D. Long
Charlton Hall Auctions
Sidelock
Sidelock

Info sent, Mr. Long, Thank you.

Rob

- Errol Flynn
Boxlock
Boxlock

Hi Recoil Rob,

I am in the office now and do not see your email from last night, but in checking the George's list we found a Rob D., shipped South Salem, NY. which is on Fedex truck for delivery today. tracking #079306810005588.

Sorry for the delay, Ronald D. Long

Ronald D. Long
Charlton Hall Auctions
Sidelock
Sidelock

Got it today, thank you.

Rob

- Errol Flynn
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.