April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (dogon, AGS, FallCreekFan, j7l2, HMAK, 1 invisible), 1,135 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,848
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Unfortunately, I bought a copy of Larry Brown's "A Pheasant Hunter's Notebook." By the time it got here, he and his little buddy Robert CHambers once again polluted the board with their usual shenanagens. I will no longer support anything Mr. Brown does and sincerely regret having bought the book.

I read one chapter before the last pissing match began and can't see myself reading another word. I am giving serious consideration to burning the book and mailing the ashes to nayone who wants them. I will include a picture of the flaming book so you will know I did not just get some ashes out of the heater in my shop.

Does Robert Chambers have a book? If so, I may buy a copy, burn it, and send the ashes to Larry. And maybe I should send the ashes from Mr. Brown's book to Robert. I am totally disabled and money is in short supply these days, but I can;t stand the thought of reading another word by either on them.

I read 2 boards every day, checking both several times every day. I post on the other board a lot, and very rarely post here. on the other board, I put three people on my "ignore" list, and what do you know, I almost never have to read a pissing match these days.

I stopped reading threads on this board when Robert and Larry would start their usual postings. But I would then read where a reference was made to the pissing match threads where useful information by other people had been posted after I stopped reading. So I wade through the pissing match searching for posts by people who were interested in spreading knowledge, as opposed to making posts to show their superiorty to us mere mortals.

Two men have almost taken this board hostage. That is totally rediculous. Dave posted a warning to folks about this same thing a month ago. The 2 offenders he mentioned the most have really chanegd and been helpful and friendly in their posts since that time. I wish Mr. Brown and Mr. Chambers would decide to make a similar change, or just leave the board all together.

edited for spelling

Last edited by Marc Stokeld; 12/03/07 02:14 PM.

skunk out
Sidelock
Sidelock

Amen Marc, This is why I hope Dave never opens a Politics Forum on this board. Too many people can't seem tp simply agree to disagree and let the subject drop.

Cary

Sidelock
Sidelock

I certainly agree with one name you mention, and would add a couple more, but I have not seen Larry Brown engage in the slanderous "pissing match" to which you refer. Maybe I missed one, and I won't bother going back over them again, I don't enjoy them either. I don't intend to be acting as anyone's defense attorney, I think Larry Brown is perfectly capable of mounting his own defense should it be needed, but what I have read of his postings has seemed in a much different tone and character than the other gentleman to which you refer. Maybe you and I simply see things differently, or, as I said, maybe I didn't see the post you did.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree with the ol' Chief. The word here is TONE. And I don't know too many people a person can learn more from than Larry Brown. And when he states his case he uses the proper TONE. Screaming and cussing have no place here. And I have never seen Larry act like anything other than a gentleman. So just remember Marc, don't get your shorts in a twist. It's only a computer. Just do as most of us do and take in the info that you can learn from and enjoy. Don't get that upset by another's posts. Just take it as....well....entertainment. But you might want to open that book up again because you might learn something. So, with all due respect, Marc, just let it go. And remember what I always say: "A bird in the hand is worth a push in the bush."

Sidelock
Sidelock

Marc,
In the spirit of your post about ending all this, let's let this thread drop too. The message is clear to all here.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good Ole' Larry has been valuable contributor to this board for years. I don't get it...........

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sounds like somebody got outta bed on the wrong side this morning...

Don't know Chambers, know Larry fairly well. You're way out of whack here.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Is this like a bra burning ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Marc, I am unsure of the post to which you refer, but this has me puzzled. I know Larry only from this and other boards, but what you report seems way out of the norm for him. I have traded jabs with him in good nature as well as disagreement on subjects, but never with ill will, and certainly never with any returned. Larry is a knowledgeable hunter and shooter and shares his knowledge as freely - sometimes opinions - as freely as many of us do. I am just surprised at what you say here. But like someone else has said, perhaps you have seen something we have not.

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ditto Perry's post.
Larry is a friend of mine and a man that I truly respect for so many things. One is his absolute integrity.
Robert has made a pretty good turn around and is mellowing in his old age.:}
I wonder the reason for airing such a post, as you made, on a rather gentle forum. This is out of character for Dave's gun room.
Best,
John

Humble member of the League of Extraodinary Gentlemen (LEG). Joined 14 March, 2006. Member #1.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.