May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (bushveld, Borderbill, R Reynolds), 248 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,547
Posts546,163
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Boxlock
Boxlock

Man, that IS agonizing. It's like waiting a loved one to come out of the O.R. Maybe worse for some folks. Here's hoping for the best.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Still no gun. USPS says they "think" it might be delivered this coming weekend or maybe next Monday. That would be nearly three weeks....unheard of for mail from there to here or vice-versa. They are unable to provide any details of where it is. Of course if they are right on what they think it will be too late for my pheasant trip. Maybe I'll try UPS next time. I've used them before but it was a total pain in the butt and expensive....but it got there.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Think of it this way, the process with USPS is one of the slowest and this is their worst time of year. Add weight restrictions to the mix and you get the idea that patience is going to be required. I think it will get there but kind of in its own time.

I think like you do if something has to be there by a certain date: nothing beats UPS in my experience for that but at a price.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bob I received your Xmas card. Will ship the gun on Thursday. Merry Christmas. Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bob - I had the same problem with a high grade trap gun mailed registered from California to Virginia. I tried to file a claim on the 15th day (earliest they will accept a claim). The package was located while I stood at the window ( I had called several times previously and was told to wait - it would show up). It had been delivered to a post office in the wrong city. They placed it in the vault and failed to scan it upon arrival. At any rate, the local post office was apparently able to trace it on their computer and locate it. I suggest you file a claim as soon as possible. I think that will get the wheels turning. Bill

LCSMITH
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks Bill. I'll try that this afternoon.

Thank you too Mike.

Last edited by Bob Blair; 12/18/07 06:46 PM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Here's the latest. When I talked to the post office the other day they told me I couldn't file a claim until the package was missing 30 days. Yesterday afternoon they called me and told me to file a claim and that they were sending me the paperwork I needed. I asked them if they thought that paperwork would ever get to me.

I'm loosing confidence fast.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bob, don't give up hope ! I have been shipping and receiving Reg. mail packages for eight years without one being lost. I ship about eighty packages a year and receive about fifty. FWIW

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288

I sell quite a bit on eBay. Not too long ago, I shipped a fishing gaff by USPS Priority mail from KY to HI. It took 28 days to get there (quoted 3). I was getting ready to file a claim, since you have to wait a month with them. Their tracking is ridiculous, since they only show that you shipped it(which you know) and that it has or has not arrived(which the customer knows). The only thing it does is eliminate the need for mailing a delivery confirmation back.

ArtS #73235 12/21/07 06:35 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

The question I have is "Where do they store three weeks worth of packages this time of year?" They must have some very large warehouse facilities. It would seem to be easier to deliver them than to find a place to store them.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.