June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
4 members (Stanton Hillis, Jimmy W, SKB, 1 invisible), 248 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,575
Posts546,540
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Robert, thanks for the offer. My Stevens 335 is a 12 gauge. If you
could post some pictures with measurements, that would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks. Ron

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ron;
Tell me more about that 335. My first ever SxS double was an old J Stevens Arms & Tool Co 12ga, purchased 1954. I traded it off, much to my regret, sometime in the early 60's. I can't recall the model for certain, but that 335 sorts rings a bell. May have been a 325. I know it started with a 3 & ended with a 5, just not certain about the middle no, but wasn't the 315. It also was not one of the higher grades with rotary bolt.
Can you post pics?

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
OP Offline

2-Piper,
My 335 Stevens has a patent date of March,19,1907. It also has
flat sides and a long water table. The underside of the action has
two screws, that when removed allow the bottom of the receiver to
drop down. It also has an exposed hinge pin with rounded ends. My
335 is one of my guns that will never be sold, as it belonged to my
dad, and he used it to get his first turkey. It's something that I
will treasure forever. I also have a Stevens model 315 or Riverside
Arms gun that is in pieces right now, waiting to be restored. The
only problem with it is that I can't find a forend iron for it. If
I can ever find one, it will definitely be used again. I will try
to post some pictures when I figure out my new digital camera, and
then how to put them on here. Ron

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ron;
Thanks for the info. I do not recall mine have the rounded hinge pin ends, just flush with the frame. It did have the removable bottom plate, & had push rods for cocking with forend iron cams. May have been the 325. I once had a 20 ga model 315 though marked Central Arms Co, totally different type action. I don't recall at this point in time if my first one had a patent date marked or not.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.