April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Kolar Dickson, Papeman, R. Glenz), 197 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,432
Posts544,706
Members14,402
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#80366 01/31/08 12:09 AM
jjwag69 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hunting in Missouri is alive and well.
The traditions and heritage have held fast.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Those are some beautiful photos to be sure.

thanks,
Brent

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Most people don't have a clue as to all the benefits that hunting and hunters do for the enviroment, their only exposure to hunters is through the movie Bambi they saw as a kid!!
All the best

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: treblig1958
Most people don't have a clue as to all the benefits that hunting and hunters do for the enviroment, their only exposure to hunters is through the movie Bambi they saw as a kid!!
All the best

Maybe in Pittsburg. Frankly, I've heard that sad whiny song since I was first teaching my dad to hunt 40+ yrs ago. Doesn't sound any better today.

I'd say that sometimes hunters get credit that they deserve, sometimes they don't. That's life.

Brent

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

A US survey of sportsmen some years ago indicated that the majority of hunters are slobs. In my own region, I am not aware that their sense of stewardship of the environment, on public lands or their own, is something to write home about.

I acknowledge the good work of Ducks Unlimited, and of other organizations improving wildlife habitat, but my view, perhaps too cynical, is that it seems too much like put- and-take. We grow them to shoot them, it seems.

I do know that hunters generally are not held in high esteem. Anyone with a deer on a car is considered gauche. No one shows neighbours a bag of birds unless they're sympathetic and there are no kids around.

I'm an old hunter and don't apologize or equivocate, knowing there will be an end to hunting as we know it in our time. The slide has been going on for years, and the growing interest in shooting at clay things is symptomatic of the trend.

I wish I could be positive in answering your question.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not to make class distinctions, but I spend a lot of time in the fall hunting bear and boar and it just so happens that many of the folks I hunt with are blue collar guys that I absolutely love to be around, most of the time. Generally speaking, most of them don't care one bit about the environment in which they cherish and long to spend time in. I am also an avid hiker and general woodsman and when I come across trash in the off season it infuriates me. In many cases that I have observed this type of hunter is directly where the bad name comes from and also where that damned trash comes from.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You weren't making class distinctions although I know we must be sensitive to these things on the board. Your experience is the same as mine. I flew into a small lake where Alexander Graham Bell had a fishing and hunting camp 100 years ago. Only the stone chimney was standing surrounded by trees. I doubt a dozen persons know it's there. This is wilderness in the Highlands of Nova Scotia, and from a camping spot along Bell Lake I collected eight large orange garbage bags of trash which I flew out in my little float plane in two trips. I left a note that I would report it to DNR if it continued. It was worse the next year. It's common everywhere. There's little respect for hunters and fishers because few admire what we do when we're out of sight.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My sentiments exactly.

RPr Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

King Brown,

Compare your seldom seen lake too the Boundry Waters Canoe Area where tens of thousands visit every year.

There is very little trash and most of it is at the camping sites.

I suspect the difference is the limits on the type of materials you can bring in and difficulty of getting there without motorized craft.

There are lots of fishermen but little trash.

RPr

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.