March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Hoot4570, GeorgeGibbs505, SKB, jcn, Pat Gidley, Der Ami), 843 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,018
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

The problem with that chart is that I quit buying shot long before January and $40.00 a 25lb bag. At a trading price of $1.00 per pound 25lbs equals $25.00 and they haven't made it into shot yet and gotten it to a store near you or me. If shot gets to $25.00 a bag I may start shooting again if I can afford to drive to the range?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gee, the price of 28ga Winnie target loads at Walmart is $10.88/box now.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: mike campbell
The cost of lead is certainly a minor factor in the recent rise in cost of factory ammo. At $35/bag for magnum shot and higher priced primers (powder & wads haven't changed much), it costs me $3.85 to load a box of 1 ounce shells. If I paid $50/bag, my cost would rise to $4.80/box. Over the last decade my handloads have gone up maybe $1/box; factory ammo jumped $3/box in the last year. Last I looked, WalMart was charging $7.74/box for AA's & STS and they don't carry the 1 ounce loads I want.

Can you get good shot for $35 a bag? Everyone out here is $50. Sportsman's Warehouse is our best source. BassPro was $60, last time I looked. I sure hope the downward trend is real.

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

$37/25# here, or so I was told last night. That was a club buy, not a retail store.

Brent

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Petro based economy means cost of transportation will make all prices rise to the tide of oil pricing, and as we all know, the tide there seems to ever rise.

Batteries, gentlemen, batteries... if the US gov would only invest and/or encourage battery technology development instead of wasting Billions in Iraq we would all be much better off. Our futures would be far better off. If we had better battery technology we could end our dependence on old-style power sources (from cars and trains to the generation of power for the grid). As someone who has been involved in the utility business for over 25 years I can say aloud that the single most important improvement that would, in fact, end our dependence on Petroleum (or need for more nuclear) would be if we could store power more efficiently and the key to that door is battery technology. We have the means, but we have sorely lacked the will at the highest levels. Cost of lead to us or cost of ammo---the rising prices for oil/petro products means higher costs no matter what the raw costs may be.

I am tired of sheiks and their good buddies in gov artificially forcing the prices to rise on the things important to me in my life.

http://www.icm.cc
transforming ideas into reality
Sidelock
Sidelock

Battery powered autos would be great if you could get any power or distance from them. No sun in the winter means no solar power for a solar powered car. Another problem is that you have to plug them in and charge them creating more cost for your electric bill which causes greater use from your power plants. They also worsen the environment from the pollution the fumes give off when they are being charged. Some people get the idea that battery powered cars are great, but they don't realize the power to recharge the batteries doesn't come from the jellybean factory. Good luck.

As someone who IS actually off the grid and make my power from the sun in the Northeast, there are some facts you might want to know:
1) Solar power comes from light.
2) Many days in winter have more intense light than many summer days and sometimes you actualy get more charge on a winter day.
3) Most of the lies about problems with solar power are from those who want to continue dependence on fossil fuels (oil, etc) you see---the people making money now from the oil paradygm can't figure out how they can make as much on solar so they spread untruths and get the average Joe to spread negatives about solar.
4) I could power a car on MY OWN solar (or wind or hydro) so contrary to above that would NOT increase demand from the grid.
5) The line about "They also worsen the environment from the pollution the fumes give off when they are being charged" is almost so funny I can barely type. The pollution from a petro car is many thousands of time higher than the slight off-gasing from batteries. The difference is like comparing Mount McKinley to a hill in your back yard. Most people have there rechargeable batteries in their homes and it is NOT a source of pollution even approaching what their gas stove gives off.
6) Your right electric power does not come from Jeyybean factory it comes form the SUN, (or wind or hydro). The worst factories on the planet however ARE fossil fuel and nuclear power plants. I know I have spent 26 years around them...

Some Facts: I make my own power. I am not hooked to the grid. I have been this way for 3 years. I have saved thousands and yes we pollute much much less than the average household. As soon as I can afford to do so I will buy electric cars, increase my own power production (from sustainable sources,) and prove all the myths and lies about why sustainable electricity can't be done utterly wrong. Thus far I have been able to prove 75% of them wrong. I am not hooked to the grid and I intend never to be again in my life. And I did it for fractions of what the "experts who want everyone to stay addicted to petroleum want you all to believe". And, obviously, they can get plenty of people who have not actually TRIED or actually made their own power---and have no actual knowledge---spread total falsehoods about making your own electricity sustainably. It astonishes me how many experts there are "out there" who do not know what they are talking about... To all of you who want to make your own electricity I say: Don't listen to all the naysayers. It can be done! And it is easier than anyone is telling you! I have no powerlines on my property but my girlfriend and I have the electricity we need, and my batteries do NOT pollute in a year anywhere near what the average gas lawnmower does in a week.

If the US spent a fraction of the money on Battery / Storage Technology that is spent on searching for OIL we could dramatically increase the electric storage of batteries / storage vessels, and we would all get 300-400 miles on a charge on our vehicles or use sustainable sources like the sun to generate all the electric power we need.

It is a matter fo leadership. We need leaders who will no longer suck on the tit of those who want us all dependent on the old petroleum model. I say it is a horribly antiquated system and we can improve the electrc storage technologies (which is the only drawback now) if we put "real" money and resources into it instead of keeping the old system going... I mean, whale oil lamps were once the standard too. But it took real leadership and money to replace oil lamps with electric lamps. We can do the same. Make Your Own Power. I do and it is great!

Last edited by Yogi 000; 03/25/08 02:06 PM.

http://www.icm.cc
transforming ideas into reality
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeh, there is local homeowner with fancy solar power setup and he actually sells extra energy to Dominion VA power.
This will never work, because golden white boys family and friends have to much vested in oil-generated energy. His daddy must have made a fortune from "military hardware inc" holdings after sonie caused shitpile in Iraq, eh?
PS. I would not vote for that ole fart, because he might bomb Iran making the pile several X larger!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Joe, for another non-event. The price of Fiocchi 28ga Field and Target loads at Gander Mtn. is $8.99 (up from 6.99/box), and there will only be further increases.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yogi000

I'm curious as to how you heat your house being in Ithaca. Also, I could use very little energy here in North Carolina if I didn't use air conditioning. I'm afraid that most of us are addicted to AC.

Best, Dick

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.