May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Marks_21, Sandlapper, earlyriser, SKB), 277 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,505
Posts545,553
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#89195 03/25/08 07:59 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Dennis Richards of Warsaw Mo. Chequerer & Carver of Gun & Rifle Stocks, Passed away at his home last weekend. His Mother passed the sad news on to his friends.He will be missed by any number of Stockers'.I dont know how far along his Book on CHECKERING was,I hope one of his friends could 'Pick it up'. We at "TG" send our Most Sincere Condolences to his Family. Eileen & David/CC

Sidelock
Sidelock

Many beautifully checkered stocks will hopefully last for centurys. He will indeed be missed!
Condolences, Mal MacGregor

tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

A kind, and lets hope an accurate thought, Mal. What better legacy than bringing joy & appreciation to others?

Chequering is an unforgiving art, mastered by the very few. From these two posts alone it is evident testimony Mr. Richards was one of them.

tw #89221 03/25/08 10:32 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

crossedchisles,
This thread on Richards has gotten me to remembering another now passed artisan, Lynton McKenzie. Did you know Lynton? I met him at Friendship, IN at the NMLRA Nationals in '83 or '84, and enjoyed talking with him about engraving, hunting with m/l rifles, etc. He always seemed a bit of a contradiction of sorts to me. Lynton appeared to be almost frail, very fair-skinned, quiet and unassuming. But he dearly loved the hunt, and if I remember correctly, went on safari in Africa at least once with his beloved black powder rifles. And, oh what a master engraver! Just thought you might have gotten to know him in the trades?

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had the pleasure of knowing Lynton and he was a heck of a find fellow ---- you are right on about him Mr. Stan. ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Stan & Ken, Sad time, talking about Bench-Mates, now Passed. I guess Its just"Part of Lifes Sweet-Rich Pattern"..I knew Lynton M' from when he was in Eng, Ken Hunt told me about "This Aussie who was trying to 'Get his Foot in the Door of the English Trade"! I had been living in the U.S.of A for 4 or 5 yrs. When I met him I think in a Pub, he had lined up a Job in New Orleans and told me to 'Keep it to myself" I spent time with him in New O'LA. in the 1970-1973. I stocked some Guns & Rifles for the Co he was working for and he Engraved the "Metal Bits". Stan,I did the Buckskinning/Tepi BlackpPowder,Hawk Hurling'Moonshine Drinking, Barfing into that nasty little River that ran through the Tepi Camp Area at Friendship, 'bout 1976-1981'Did lots of Trading on the old blankets, in & out of those Tepi's!!!!Barry Hands has most of my Photos of Lynton and the guns, He might'Post a Couple" here for me."That Old Father Time" is Swinging his Scythe through the Gun-world Ranks way too often...CC/dt

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.