May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Themauserkid, Fudd, Argo44, 1 invisible), 306 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,547
Posts546,168
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
BPGuy #8251 11/02/06 11:14 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

How many procucts do we buy that are "perfect" ? I am sure that no mater what brand, a new $50,000 vehicle can be picked apart. How many manufacturers will give a full refund because you are being pickier than the masses. The original poster had every right to be picky and it appears Galazan did everything any one could expect from a company. I guess the real issue here is are we looking for perfect or acceptable? Proud wood to some is bad and others just look at it knowing it gives them a chance at a refinish if ever necessary. The bottom line when purchasing anything is , am i happier with it or without it, so hopefully the original poster is now happy and that is all that really matters here.

dblfever #8253 11/02/06 11:34 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just venting here but I am so damn sick of hearing about this gun!
Nothing against the gun but if all these people ordered Grullas, would we have to hear about it every time someone received one?
Some are happy, some not but the critiques and excuses go on and on and on and on. I am beginning to hate the gun just because no one can stop talking about it.
You ordered an RBL... so what?
Do we have to hear the umpteenthousandths review and all of the bantering back and forth about it every time someone receives one? It's obsessive, like the repetitive movements of a crazy old raccoon who has been in a cage for too long. Chinese water torture, by RBL. Sorry folks, just had to vent. It's just a gun. Either you bought one or you didn't. No reviews needed as the waiting list is so long, half of us will die before we ever get it if we order now. If you're on this board, you probably have guns enough anyway.

Last edited by Alder adder; 11/02/06 12:34 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Recoil Rob #8270 11/02/06 02:18 PM

Re: Alder adder

With all due respect, this is a public board with a lot of different interests. The reason there are a lot of discussions is because a lot of people actually did order RBL's and are interested in the issues. Almost certainly orders of magnitudes more than ordered a Grulla during the same period.

Almost always, the RBL posts mention the RBL in the subject line. I am interested in many flavors of doubles, but one of them isn't Parker. Don't like 'um, have no interest in 'um and don't like reading about them. When I see a topic about a Parker, I don't read three pages of notes I don't care about and then vent. I simply don't open the topic.

Last edited by ArtS; 11/02/06 02:19 PM.
ArtS #8271 11/02/06 02:26 PM

I've been buying, selling and shooting guns for almost 50 years and the best advice I ever got on the subject was from an old collector now long dead which has held me in very good stead and I offer to the Board.

"Never, ever buy a gun that doesn't make your heart go pitter patter."

Jim Kilday

Last edited by Jim Kilday; 11/02/06 02:29 PM.
Jim Kilday #8275 11/02/06 02:57 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

The last two posts really hit the nails on the head so to speak. For the record i have no dog in the whole RBL thing but watch with great intrest because I believe this to be the best thing to happen in the American gun business since all the American classics went by the wayside 50+ yrs ago. If it doesn't interst you don't read it, simple enough there Alder.........

Jim Kilday #8277 11/02/06 03:05 PM
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Hey Jim,
Maybe sound advice, but, maybe not. Over the years I've purchased some guns for the simple reason I could afford them at the moment, and they filled a niche at the time. My very first repeater was a Model 17 Remington pump, purchased in 1976 for $50-it was all I could afford at age 15 when Track, and Golden Gloves practice limited my opportunities for income. I really wanted a new 1100. Pitter patter would describe how I felt at 15 for an 1100.

Well, time went on, and I did get an 1100 eventually, and it went down the road later. The 17 never made anyone's heart skip a beat, but, is one of the very last guns I would part with-my memories of guiding folks with that gun and old dogs no longer along for the trip, and all the little kids (and, sometimes, their Mom's and/or Dad's) who took their first nervous shot at a clay bird with the gun during a gun safety course mean more to me than the few dollars it would bring as a well, WELL used gun today.

I've a friend who owns a Boss hammer gun, has owned it for twenty seasons or more and never fired a single shot with the thing. What an incredible, sad waste of gunmakers talent and his money. But, it is his-do as you wish. Wasted pitter patter if you ask me.

But, at 3200 or so dollars, I wouldn't spend too much time picking a gun apart. Maybe it's just me, but, I want to know how well I shoot a gun regardless of price before I get upset with a flaw in the finish that I'm only going to add more to as the years go by. I don't have $3200 on me at the moment, but, there are guns that sell for a lot more than that, and, regardless of one's station in life, $3200 isn't an expensive gun.

Do we ever get to hear about how it shot? Or, was there another purpose for this gun I'm unaware of? Isn't the "bang" what it's all about in the end?
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Art and DBL fever, Just said how I felt about 14 months of hoopla over this gun.
Thanks for the sermons.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Alder, I think your post is funny and right on! And I'm one of the worst offenders And will continue to be, 'cause it's fun to be on the RBL Goofy team.

The best RBL post ever was Kevin's April Fools post on the SS board...something about he "just got it and there was 1/4" wood/metal gap and it doubled on the first shot", etc. You would've loved the horror and agony that followed.

These are delayed toys and we're anxious boys... the endless jabber can't be helped. But it can be poked a bit!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree. BigKevs post was very funny.
Having had the pleasure of hunting with him, I know his sense of humor so it seemed even more funny that some believed him.
I hope your RBL turns out to be a good gun for you.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.