May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (Marks_21, HalfaDouble, earlyriser, Lloyd3, Kip, 2 invisible), 303 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,547
Posts546,163
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Markel Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

This is my second bad experience with Lou at CSMC/Galazan and it will be my last. The first gun I bought was a Model 12 and the experience mirrored this one. At that time I just wrote it off as a fluke. The second gun I just returned was this one:

http://www.gunsinternational.com/detail.cfm?id=100049049&string=cid=512

The gun was definitely not as described: "100% case colors and wood finish, appears unfired and new in the box":

Both barrels had been opened up to greater than Cylinder!
The case colors were very faded & completely silvered under lever and behind safety.
The lever was centered.
The toe of the was stock scratched and dented.
The canvas case was in poor condition.
The snap cap block was completely detached from case.
Did not "include original factory cardboard packaging" as described.

When I received the gun I called Lou and was very cordial in describing the guns actual condition. I asked that since it wasn't even close to "as described", that I receive a refund of my return shipping costs and registration fee (along with the refund for the repro). He declined saying that the gun was "high condition". I asked how a gun that had obviously been opened up could be considered "high condition" since that seriously affects the gun's value. He said "we just missed that". So I said, once you receive the gun back from me and confirm that it was altered, will you then refund the shipping and fees? Again, "no".

He told me just ship it UPS ground to lower MY cost and ship it uninsured, as they were self insured. Since I was having a "trust issue" at that point I asked him to send an e-mail confirming this. He said he would, and of course, I never received it.

I shipped it FedEx insured. They had the gun for 10 days before a credit was issued to my credit card. It took four phone calls over the course of a week to get an answer as to the status of my credit.

And as you can see from the above link, the gun posting has still not been changed!

Last edited by Markel; 07/04/08 06:56 PM.
gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi Markel, sorry to hear about what happened. You know it's a shame when things like this happen. I would have thought a "big" outfit like CSMC would be more on the ball. I don't know if Tony knows about this, but I sure would let him know how you were treated and the attitude you had to put up with.

I've bought several guns thru the net from both private parties and retailers. I've been very lucky so far. I know when I'm interested in a gun I ask a lot of questions (I have a question sheet I use) it has saved me in the past from bad guns, I may bug the crap out of the seller but I do know what I'm getting (if they have been honest). I have missed out on a couple because of this (either they don't answer or I waited to long).
I know that one is at the mercy of the seller when it comes to returns especially private paties, but gosh CSMC!!!

In some ways, I wish gun dealers were more like other retail sellers when it comes to large purchases. You know, bend over backwards to help, make sure that your happy. But it seeems some are becoming more like Honest Johns Used Car Sales.

Anyway, sorry again to here about your plight. I'd call Tony to see what he has to say.

Good Luck!

All the best!!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree with Greg. Call and tell them that you want to speak with Tony and inform them that you are lamblasting him on every board you can, including this one. If what you say is true, that is what I would do. You have to watch paying out money for guns that you have never seen. Personally I won't don't it, because of the horror stories we all have heard. But I guess some people do. So, did you get all of your money back?

Sidelock
Sidelock

You gotta love how they blocked this thread on the PGCA board. Heaven forbid someone tell the truth about a sacred cow.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Markel, Sorry to hear about your bad experience with CSMC. Reading your post is just a another confirmation of my experiences with them. I've came to the conclusion that by the way they conduct business CSMC is a less than an honorable company to deal with. It's not that you won't get your product or money from them, it's just going to be a very frustrating experience along the way when dealing with them.

After a rocky Parker Repro. 16ga barrel deal, two RBL PIF orders & cancelling my RBL 28ga order just to have to wait five weeks for a refund. I've decided it's best for me to never do business with them again.

With that said. I will add that I've unfortunately came to the conclusion that CSMC is not alone in not paying for shipping on returned items. I have never been able to get a refund for return shipping from any gunsmith or long distance gun deal's I've ever made. Because of this I am now very carefull about what I do when it comes to buying from someone long distance. I always keep in mind that if the deal goes astray, I'll be out the shipping cost's both way's. Like it or not this is just a fact of life when doing these kind of deals.

Markel Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GregSY
You gotta love how they blocked this thread on the PGCA board. Heaven forbid someone tell the truth about a sacred cow.

Yes, I was surprised to see my post literally disappear without so much as a message or PM! My purpose was to warn other PGCA members of my experience and the gun itself since it is still listed the same way. I'd have appreciated such a warning as it would have saved me $100 and lots of time and frustration.

I guess such warnings will have to be limited to "open forums" such as this one!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Markel-
Sorry to hear your Parker deal didn't work out. Sounds like the description was inaccurate--But you were still able to exercise your return privilage.

I have received guns in the past from various dealers that didn't meet inspection, and I returned them at my cost and received prompt credit.

I do understand your frustration.

PULL!
Hal M. Hare
Sidelock
Sidelock

dogon, I'd be interested in knowing the nature of your problems with the 16ga Repro barrels. Not intending to go that route myself, but expect some other folks here might be--and given the cost of the Repro 16/20 sets and the price of a set of Galazan barrels, they look like a pretty attractive alternative.

Markel Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I understand and agree with everyone's comments that it is "business as usual" to have to pay return shipping costs.

But in this case, with the gun so clearly misrepresented (assumed unintentional), I believed CSMC/Galazan would have "made it right", particularly given their "name" and reputation.

I was surprised to be met with such a cavalier attitude. There must be two "Lous" there as the attitude of the "Lou" assisting with my purchase, and the "Lou" handling my return were markedly different!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Markel you may be suprised how one person can show two different attitudes depending on if they are going to receive money or have to refund it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.