May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Ted Schefelbein, Themauserkid, DaveB, mark), 252 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,537
Posts546,031
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Markel - Sorry to hear of your trouble. You mentioned the chokes had been opened up to beyond Cylinder. What was the diameter of the chokes? Those barrel walls at the muzzle must have been incredibly thin.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh yeah, take them to court...........more f wasted time. No, he did it correctly by sending that shiny thing back gettin' a refund and posting his experience on this board. He should have not been responsible for freight costs.

Markel Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
Markel, Sorry to hear of your bad experience and too late now, but I can't help wondering if the cost of your Fed-ex return shipping might have been about equal to filing a claim in small claims court. If the gun was as far from it's advertised description as you say, it should have been a slam-dunk and put the aggravation where it belonged.

No, I'd prefer to just chalk it up to experience and move on. Besides, I get a discounted rate on FedEx.

Markel Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Oh yeah, take them to court...........more f wasted time. No, he did it correctly by sending that shiny thing back gettin' a refund and posting his experience on this board. He should have not been responsible for freight costs.

Agreed and thanks for your comments. I really value the information exchange on this board and hope my post provides for additional caution if/when dealing with CSMC/Galazan.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just wondering if this is the same company ?

http://www.csmcspecials.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CVC

Sidelock
Sidelock

This is an answer to Larry's question on the re-pro 16ga barrels.

The barrels them self are great and of good quality. I helped fit them and they turned out very nice and in my opinion are a good alternative to finding and buying an original repro 16-20 set.

The rocky part of the deal was Galazans business practices. I have a friend that called CSMC/Lou shortly after they were first offered. At that time Lou said the original batch from Germany was fifty and they all sold out in a couple of days. He then said if my friend wanted to "pay in full" up-front that he would be at the top of the list for another order for them that they were making. My friend did pay in full and was told it would be a couple of months at the most. I forget exactly now but six or seven months later I was ordering something from Lou and off the cuff asked him about the repro barrels. He said they had them in stock and I could get them shipped that day, so I ordered a set. They arrived the next week, I looked them over and called my buddy that had waited paid in full over six months to ask him what he thought of his. He told me he had not gotten them yet,so when I told him my story and that I had a set in hand he was pis*ed to say the least. He called Lou and was told that he had no idea why his wasn't shipped because they had them for a couple of months already. My buddy cancelled his order and I ended up selling him my set a while later and then helped him fit them.

This is the type of business practices I'm fed-up with. The RBL saga was bad enough the first go around and then Tony set everyone up again for the same saga on the 28ga. This is why I've determined it's best for me to not do business with them.

Markel Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: dogon
This is the type of business practices I'm fed-up with. The RBL saga was bad enough the first go around and then Tony set everyone up again for the same saga on the 28ga. This is why I've determined it's best for me to not do business with them.

Of course, I couldn't agree more. And I noted today that the ad is still misrepresenting the gun almost three weeks after getting the gun back. Plenty of time for Lou/CSMC to confirm my claims about the guns condition and pull or modify the ad accordingly. Assuming, of course, that customer satisfaction was of importance. Evidently that is not the case!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe it is-I have received a few of their catalogues- also included a very comprehensive serial No. listing for many doubles- both American, English and European. Apparently the shotgun sent back for a refund was a Parker= I have "No dog in this fight" but I would think the owner would want to stand behind every gun he sold- new or used- and to "mis-represent" a gun in your ad just makes the UPS/Fed Ex. folks richer!

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 07/06/08 07:07 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.