May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (ithaca1, redoak, Jtplumb, MattH, 2 invisible), 285 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,573
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Add about $100 and get little used Remi 20ga 870LW with 28" tube and mahogany stock. If something goes wrong parts are easily available. If you want bottom feeder/bottom ejector get Ithaca 37 made in early 60s or before.

Originally Posted By: Recoil Rob
I have an extra 26" barrel, plain, CYL if anyone is interested.Bore is good, no pits, outside is silver & plum, minor dings but nothing that shows in the bore.
I'll take care of Dave.Rob

Rob:

Thanks for re-posting those pictures. You're not the only guy looking for one of those, a guy probably has a better chance of finding the lost ark.

I'm interested in your bbl, if youy still have it email me at hsquarry@aol.com.

Bill

battle Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ok.......went by to check out the gun today. After futher review and speaking to the owner, the gun has had some refinsh done. The bluing shows some lite pitting that was blued over. Eveything else is how i called it the first time. So....now what, is it still a good deal? Thought perhaps someday this would be a good up grade, so the pitting would have to come off anyway. But i don't know!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Battle ---- before anything really starts, a good man such as Glenn Fewless should be given the metal for preping --- however, perhaps you can do it yourself. Any pits, scratches or dents will be removed so their presents doesn't really matter except to lower the overall cost. Polish the metal to a 400 wetordry finish --- no higher. This is where you have it stocked and so forth. FWIW, Ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Sidelock
Sidelock

battle, best thing i'd advise is checking closed items on gunbroker to see what they actually bring. this one should puit things in perspective:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=102283397

keep in mind, long distance buying you may as well add about $50 minimum to get a "real" cost which makes the above gun $300+.

not to hijack the thread, but there's another that went for $350 or so and i thought was just awful. the "ed" guy of blow torch case color fame has competition. some outfit called seasoned guns. all their stocks are finished in a high gloss 2 part epoxy and just look disgusting. what amazes me is people pay for that. maybe ed and s/g should get together and combine their talents.

roger

Sidelock
Sidelock

Battle: my Mod. 17 is all original with about 95% blue and a chipped (behind the trigger guard) stock which was easily repaired with a walnut sliver epoxied into place. I paid $220 and was glad to get it. About the only nice thing about living in the Peoples' Republic of Illinois is that very many vintage guns that have been in the closet for 50 years emerge at very reasonable prices and in excellent condition. However, my Mod. 17 is the very first one I've seen in over 50 years of rumaging the gun shops. So if your gun is refinishable (and not mercilessly buffed) it may be a reasonable good shooter. Chops

battle Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'll prolly pick it up, i'm not that concerned about the 225.00. It's just that i'm a side x side guy! Hell....i havn't shot my Win. mod. 12 20ga. skeet!

YET!

Last edited by battle; 08/14/08 07:56 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Every side x side guy needs a vintage pump to hunt in the worst of weather :-)

Sidelock
Sidelock

We should talk more about vintage American pumps and not consider it "Off Topic" anymore. Alot of these guys know a bunch about these guns and to completely exclude them from this board is too restrictive.
No other type action has made its presence felt on the trap/skeet field, the hunting field or the battlefield more than the American pump shotgun. Greg is always talking about 'soul' well you can't get anymore soul than that!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

There are so many sites out there that talk about pump guns that if all those folks came here the SxS would be an also ran. there are pumps out there that are spendy guns and very nice such as say a mod.12 pigeon grade and to see one or talk about one here from time to time is no problem for me.The thing is you can get it every day at a mod.12 forum that don't talk mod.21's.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.