April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,172 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,841
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 26 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26
Sidelock
Sidelock

When your from the third world, I guess you try a little harder.

DRM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

There is the letter of the law and there is the spirit of the law. If anyone re-reads 22eley's very first post on this forum, that should tell all of us something about 22eley's inherent spirit.

What goes around comes around doesn't always happen in life, and good guys don't always finish first.

Without knowing anything about Mr. Legg and his past posting or dealing history, seeing those blazing 28"+ eley barrels out of the chute would make me side with Legg.

Eley could have easily asked first what all of us here thought was meant by a three day inspection period, but chose not to.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a gun consigned with a firm in one of the western states, I don't think I will identify it. The operator sent the gun, a British double with double triggers, home with a guy. (I found this out later.) He told him it was OK to shoot it. The buyer returned the gun saying he "couldn't get used to the double triggers." First, I was surprised the operator said it was OK to shoot it, secondly, I was miffed he accepted it back with that being the only objection. Of course, I don't know what the operator told the would-be buyer. I still consign guns with this company but I'm on the fence about doing much more business with them.
My point is that I understand both points of view. This is a small (relatively) niche we are in; you guys may encounter one another down the road. I don't think there are many things worth burning bridges over. As outsiders, it's hard to know what was said over the phone as far as return privileges. I don't think it is our job to cheer for anyone. I have done several deals with Jim; I have found him to be a total gentleman. I hope the other person is as well and that you guys can find a mutually acceptable solution.

[IMG]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne
There's nothing I hate more than a guy who counts the replies, and then thanks everyone for their vote of confidence.
Jim Legg prolly has blocked all the negative reviews!

Lowell that's funny! Like an election in the old USSR.

Best,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 08/16/08 07:17 PM.

I am glad to be here.

Originally Posted By: gil russell
I have done several deals with Jim; I have found him to be a total gentleman. I hope the other person is as well...

Gentlemen do not open a discussion by calling their opponent a "LIAR", "THIEF" and "CROOK". The sad thing is that name-calling creates a barrier to reasonable discussion between the parties, and possible resolution.

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
I think "Three Day Inspection" could mean that you have three days to find some flaw or undesirable feature not in the ad.

It's clear in Jims email to the guy..."3 day inspection period will apply. Shipping both ways would be at your expense, if returned."

What does "if returned" mean ?....and why is the "if returned" even there ?

It should have read...

3 day inspection period will apply. Shipping both ways would be at your expense, if you try and return it yOu can kiss my dAiry'air.

It means "if returned because it fails inspection."

It does not seem to mean "if returned because you changed your mine."

As clear as it seem to you that Jim is in the wrong, it seems equally clear to me that he is well within his rights.

I think the gentlemanly thing to do would have been to let him return it, but I don't think he has to, given his email.

I think there is no way to justify the original post in this thread. It is a smarmy way to go about things.

Much better would have been to ask, without naming names, what people's expectations of return would be given the language of the email. If the consensus was that he should be able to return it, then he would have had something to take back to Jim.

Last edited by erik meade; 08/16/08 07:27 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I said in my only post that Jim didn't do what he said he would do, but the buyer was a wuss who deserved to be chastised. Jim found a creative way to chastise him. The buyer needed to be taught a lesson and Jim found a way to do that. End of story. Well, not actually the end. I also said that I would have been glad to own both Jim's gun and the gun that the wuss is bidding on. I wish the wuss good luck on his bidding.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Perhaps ol' 8bore has popped-up with something - perhaps he should buy Jim's gun from the "wuss". That would be a stand-up thing to do ol'boy, and the topper would be a real "end of story."

Sidelock
Sidelock

IMHO, 3 day inspection is time allowed for any discrepancies in how the gun was described. Not described properly, return it, done. Returns for "not liking the gun" is up to the discretion of the seller, not the buyer, or to be determined before the sale.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
I said in my only post that Jim didn't do what he said he would do, but the buyer was a wuss who deserved to be chastised. Jim found a creative way to chastise him. The buyer needed to be taught a lesson and Jim found a way to do that. End of story.

Jim is teaching the guy a lesson ....we've all saw Jims lesson teaching on here before.

Looking at Mr.Leggs Gunbroker feed back it appears he's sent or had a gun sent back to him before....I noticed in his earlier post that he claims otherwise.

The lesson I see being taught is not to trust in your fellow man.

Page 12 of 26 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.