April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (dogon, Hugh Lomas, Hammergun, 2 invisible), 220 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,052
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm not going to wade thru 17 pages of this stuff, but I am going to state that I know Jim Legg personally, have shot with him, and he is a good guy. Maybe old and crotchety, but not dishonest, and not a thief.

Todd
Sidelock
Sidelock

From Webster:

Quote:
Main Entry:
in·spec·tion Listen to the pronunciation of inspection
Pronunciation:
\in-ˈspek-shən\
Function:
noun
Date:
14th century

1 a: the act of inspecting b: recognition of a familiar pattern leading to immediate solution of a mathematical problem <solve an equation by inspection>

2: a checking or testing of an individual against established standards

Definition #2 applies here.

Last edited by Geoff Roznak; 08/17/08 10:34 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gee, me understands perfect now! Whaaat

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr.Legg admittedly gave the guy a 3 day unconditional inspection and return period with the understanding the buyer pay shipping both ways, and says now he wishes he hadn't. A man either keeps his word or he doesn't. Return his money, Jim; do it for yourself...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: luckydog

I am going to state that I know Jim Legg personally, have shot with him, and he is a good guy. Maybe old and crotchety.

Now I see why he won't live up to his end of the bargain.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Happy feet!! I've got those happy feet!! Within a day's drive I can drive nearly halfway across the US. I don't take chances like some people do. And that gives me happy feet!! Oh, happy feet!!

Originally Posted By: Fin2Feather
Originally Posted By: fnb25
this is a pretty certain case of nothing but buyers remorse which isn't valid for return ever.

But see, it IS. Unless it's specified otherwise, it's no different than any purchase one makes. It shouldn't make any difference if it's over the internet or at your local Home Depot: a return policy is a return policy, end of story. It's the SELLERS responsibility to limit the terms of the return, if there are any.

Bingo. I don't understand why some seem to have trouble grasping this. We're not talking about buying something out of a storefront operation. We're talking about buying a USED gun off the internet sight unseen. Doing so makes no sense at all without a no questions asked return policy during an inspection period of adequate length (which 3 days sometimes is, but sometimes is not). The internet sellers I've bought from have universally offered such a policy, and most reputable net dealers do. Personally, I would never consider doing business with one that did not. I have better things to do than waste time and money messing with the fly-by-night crowd.

"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."
Sidelock
Sidelock

It is a difficult one.

If the returns policy is without conditions, refund the buyer and charge shipping to him.

If the returns policy is only to check that the gun is as described, don't refund him unless he has cause to argue about the description vs the gun as it arrived.

As a seller, you have to bother with tyre kickers and time wasters - so apply thesecond condition.

As a buyer you worry that buying a gun unseen is a risk - afterall you can't really get a feel for agun unless you have it in your hands.

The solution? Don't buy or sell on the 'net.

or Make sure that teh stated policy is clear from the start and adhere to it.

My advice for what it is worth - Jim, give the chap a refund for the sake of a happy client, make very clear what your returns policy is in future deals and put it down to experience.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jim Legg

I'm sorry John is not happy but I will not change my mind on the subject.

This will be my last reply on this topic

Later....

If I ever sell another gun on the Internet, you can be sure my return policy will be thoroughly and clearly stated.

I'm sorry he's not happy and I'm sorry I even stuck the "3 day return" in my e-mail. But my decision stands.

Should have had it throughly and clearly stated this time....but yOu didn't.

So Pony-up Mr. Jimmy.

vrs Offline

I didn't know who Jim Legg was ...but I most certainly do now....as do hundreds of others.
I don't have any personal axe to grind here. However, this whole exchange is about fighting against clarity in an industry standard. A 3 day inspection is simply that. Return it for whatever reason. That is why a buyer agrees to pay shipping and insurance if returned.
The implications of Legg's comments are that had the buyer simply said "I am returning it...I don't like it." He would have accepted the return....the 26" barrels notwithstanding. Legg is trying to redefine an (until now) accepted industry standard with a specious and juvenile "gotcha" argument and "extraneous facts". Buyers can be difficult...but even the most difficult people get 3 day inspection periods. Legg is a dealer….let's all remember that. He is supposed to uphold that standard.
Having destroyed his reputation over a crappy $1300 gun could be the most stupid thing imaginable. Legg has done thousands of dollars worth of damage to himself.
Bad reputations in this business get distributed geometrically. As evidence of that, I have not posted here in quite a while, but I learned of and was directed to this story from an entirely different site and I suspect it is on several other sites. It doesn't really matter that some here agree with Mr. Legg….nor does it matter that Mr. Legg is so strident in his supposed righteousness …his reputation is done. Not very smart….but whatever.
We all know who the "bad players" are in this business. Mr. Legg has unfortunately just enrolled in that most august group….with honors.

Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.