May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (LGF, gil russell, Southern Sport, 1 invisible), 296 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,563
Posts546,366
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
SKB Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well My most excellent apprentice today received a dreaded letter, he has been called up from inactive reserve after a medical discharge to go fight in Afghanistan. My goal is to keep him well stocked with reading material related to fine guns and gunsmithing in particular. I'll be sending off pieces of my collection and any help from any of you will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch,
Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Steve: Post an address and I will sure help. A good friend of mine aged 81, sent me a couple of weeks ago, boxes of Gun Books and magazines..what are his special interests and I'll get some stuff out.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ditto for me- give me his unit and APO and I'll send back issues of Field & Stream and Gun List-they had an article a while ago-our troops need gun cleaning stuff- especially patches, toothbrushes, non-aerosol cleaners and lubes- remember they are in The Sandbox-"All The Way" RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Steve: Same goes for me. We can't do enough for our guys and gals over there. Let us know what his interests are & how to get mail to him. I'm sure I've got some stuff that he'd like.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
SKB Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks Gents....we just got the word today. He has to be at base on August 31st and then gets deployed 25 days later. I'll know more about APO stuff later. Manito is a talented budding gunsmith(the barrel browning that I have posted pics of was his work, not mine) with an interest in fine guns and gunsmithing. I'll try to get a list of what I have so far to send him, here are a few.

Double Shotguns, by SDH
Modern gunsmithing, baker
intro to modern gunsmithing, Macfarland
AH FOX, Mcntosh

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

SKB,

I have a pretty good idea that books are not all that he may need. My understanding is that jugs of CLP, and such, can be more critical to our guys. When he gets "there" have him submit a list of needs and mailing address for direct shipping.

I'm sure the doublegunshop "family" will be more than willing to help out.

Sam

SKB Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Oh Hes going to be in need of a bunch of things....He happens to the worlds largest vegetarian.....6'2", 210lbs and doesn't eat meat. I'll be sending the poor guy protein powder in addition to anything else I can help him out with.
Steve

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

He may have serious problems, being a vegetarian on active duty.

I'll be glad to send him various magazines. If he doesn't have a copy of my pheasant hunting book, I'll send him one of those too, once he's boots on the ground in country.

Medical discharge and being called up from the IRR? One thing Bush did not do that he should have done long ago was give us more grunts, both Army and Marines. It's our ground forces that are really stretched thin. Pulling the surge brigades from Iraq won't do much if we send more troops to Afghanistan.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Please let us know what he needs, when he gets there, and finds out that the recruiter lied about free cold beer and all the veggies that he could eat being at every post in the world.

Boxlock
Boxlock

Steve:

Keep us posted. The best thing ever was MAIL with reading material.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.