May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (AGS, Hammergun, skeettx, 2 invisible), 259 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,518
Posts545,712
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
It's a shame someone would sell something entrusted to them.

The above post was just an off the top of my head reply based on the story of the gun.

I'm truly sorry to hear about Mr. Tapleys cancer and his forced sale of the gun....

Here's what my buddy Ted had to say about my above post in another thread.

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
This from the guy who bad-mouthed a cancer victim for peddling earthly possesions...
Ted

Teddy you need to stop this forum stalking that you do...these kind of comments are not very funny...I just lost my brother to cancer this year and my buddy's dad this past week.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Off the top of your head, without knowing the guy or his situation in life.

jOe, you need to start thinking before you type. Which, come to think of it, would eliminate about 90% of what you post.
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted yOu need to get a life and spend less time trying to put meaning into what I post.

go polish your mOssn'bergs Terdy.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
... spend less time trying to put meaning into what I post.

Joe, I gotta admit, that made me LOL (as they say). Jake

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
Sidelock
Sidelock

No-one can put meaning into what you post-least of all, you.

Anyone who reads a jOe post will never get that time back. Lost, and, wasted.

A pity, really.

Pathetic." All is fair in love and gun buying", until it is a guy stricken with a life threatening illness, who was left with a famous friend's gun. If that friend were around to offer insight, I bet he would help to sell the gun for his buddy, if there were a chance, however slim, it would help the situation.

I also know who would criticize him. You already did, after all.

I don't need to call names here-the simple truth will do.
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

To get back to the subject of the thread . . . we ought to get up a pool, each guessing at what the "hammer price" will be. Spiller is pretty darned well-known among grouse hunters who have read much in the way of "classic" literature.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Joe will do his best to ruin any interesting thread on this message board, it's just a fact of life here in DoubleGunLand. I'm teaching myself to scroll over anything he says, it's pretty easy really.

Destry

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks Destry, Ted and L. for getting this thread back on track.

Dean

Sidelock
Sidelock

For what it's worth- not being a (1) collector (2) grouse hunter (3) small gauge man- I'd expect it to be "hammered" in the low five figures- the single trigger if original would add to price, ditto the 26" barrels if uncut or re-choked, the raggedy (pink-ish red?) pad can be replaced- is it VH or a VHE Dean- and on the std. size 0 frame? I think the elite RGS should bid on it and place it in their museum along with their copies (DerryDale) of Burt's great books on "Ol Bonasa Umbellus"__wonder if we'll here a "Big noise from Duluth" to paraphrase a 1940's tune- and where is this Cobb Auction held- any relation to the Steven Cobb? Just curious!

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 07/14/08 10:29 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

0-frame, non-ejector and the stock book mentions nothing about the single trigger or the pad. The 26" barrel length is original.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.