May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (SKB, Sandlapper, Momslefever, 3 invisible), 263 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,505
Posts545,553
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have an Ithaca with those barrels.

So many guns, so little time!
Sidelock
Sidelock

fishinghole...again, I hope that you still have that gun...I don't know why Ken didn't come forward sooner with his patent information, perhaps he just google searched the USPTO for Geo Lewis after I revealed his name...I will wait to discuss what "Marks" is indicative of, to see if anyone else will come forward with the information FIRST.... All these LC Smith collectors and yet no one will say...Perhaps no one knows the answer to this question, perhaps the people who do know, wont say, for fear of speaking out of (the imaginary pecking) order. Maybe it's best if I explain via telephone, rather than risk a manure battle for simply trying to explain what it is that you have. You guys know who the all the gale force wind bags are, better than I...why are they so silent about this peice? Has the cat got their tongues?

Sidelock
Sidelock

There are at least 6,000 people who have signed onto this board. Not all follow what is going on here but many, many read much of what is written but they do not post. I have learned a lot by reading posts written by others who are more knowledgeable than I. If you are in a position to educate and help us to further our knowledge it is appreciated. I suggest you should do what it appears you really want to do and share some of your knowledge and let the chips fall where they may.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Does it look anything like this Fulton Gladiator made by Hunter Arms for Sears 1917-1919? Quality pics would help enormously!

Sidelock
Sidelock

builder..please, please try to excuse my tactics, I am trying to make it safe for all those non-posting readers (that you speak of) to in fact contribute ocassionally without being slammed, jammed, or discredited for doing so...several members offered kind words of encouragement at the Syracuse show last weekend,(thank you all) saying things like "you get 'em" and " you don't discover anything in a museum" [quoting myself]...and my favorite "you need a pigeon gun"...only one member played the fence (B)...
This bullitin board system has the potential to be a great clearinghouse for research information, as it is, it's just a chat room disguised as a BBS. Imagine if college students could post serious questions here about Andrew Whitmore or Joseph Tonks, and the question sat unmolested until the right scholar, with perhaps the right information, came along, and a connection was made...LIKE A BULLITIN BOARD IS SUPPOSED TO BE... Nowadays, if a newbie leaves a scholarly post like that, five BBS pigeons will fly over to the posting and poop all over that scholarly question so that no one else will touch it, it's almost acceptable behavior here. The information exchanged here will rarely hold up to reference...this hurts everyone...and it undermines the true potential of the entire bullitin board system. If we could "shoe" these pigeons away, perhaps we could foster a climate where even the timid scholars can begin to participate. More likely, I'm just dreaming of better days where the system is open to all, not just the pigeons. Please advise if you refute these observations. You have been kind to me in advance, if you insist that I do things your way, I will comply

Sidelock
Sidelock

I say let it roll but I insist on nothing since all is voluntary here. Most of us can separate the wheat from the chaff even if we do not respond. I am here to soak up the knowledge and help where I can. I appreciate the knowledge shared here so readily and so kindly to me and others. I have made outstanding friends here also. Many have prayed for me and I likewise. There really are a lot of good people here. Some of them have been the finest I have run into on line or personally. You can see and hear it in their posts.

I will drop this now but encourage you since I see you really want to share and help. Work toward the future, not the past.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Robert Chambers
fishinghole...again, I hope that you still have that gun...I don't know why Ken didn't come forward sooner with his patent information, perhaps he just google searched the USPTO for Geo Lewis after I revealed his name...?

RC,

Lighten up, Francis.

Yes, I simply Googled the patent once I saw people weren't sure what the patent pertained to - just trying to help out. There were neither black helicopters nor political intrigue involved in the two minutes of effort I expended to look it up.

For a dude who professes to want a free flow of information, the constant caustic tone and constant bashing in your posts would seem a little disingenious. Don't bother responding to me or this post. I'm out on this thread.

Ken

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally posted by Robert Chambers-
Quote:
as it is, it's just a chat room disguised as a BBS......five BBS pigeons will fly over to the posting and poop all over that scholarly question so that no one else will touch it.....The information exchanged here will rarely hold up to reference...

You are so correct sir! And as an example, check out this response on the current thread titled 'Fabrique National SXS':

Originally posted by Robert Chambers-
Quote:
If I bought a gun as chopper lump and a demi-block arrived, I would send it back...My first responce to reading that was...it's an error in translation and I know better...but how can I second guess FN...How can a demi-block also be chopper lump? what would be the point of splitting the block...

Pigeon poop indeed!

Always looking for small bore Francotte SxS shotguns.
Sidelock
Sidelock

In the five years I've been here, response to my double questions is 100 per cent.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.