May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Tim Wolf), 405 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,499
Posts545,462
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was going to suggest Rapine Molds but Woodsrunner beat me to it. I have a .610 diameter round ball Rapine mold for a 62 caliber ML Jaeger flint rifle. Also a .590" rapine for another Jaeger and a long rifle. No reason they can't make you a .620" dia mold if that's what you want. Silvers

I AM SILVERS, NOT SLIVER = two different members. I'm in the northeast, the other member is in MT.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Give Eddie May a call in Georgia, 706-581-8225, he casts ball of all sizes and is a good guy all 'round.

Tinker Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Steve, also WoodsRunner-

Thanks for the tip on Eddie May.
I'll call his number tomorrow and see what he can do for me.
Otherwise I think it's a pound of the 645 from Track if they have them in stock, sized in the 'bored to fit' sizing plate mentioned earlier in the thread.

WoodsRunner, is it possible for you to cast me ten or twenty balls out of your 650 mould some time tomorrow and ship them before the day's out?
Do balls of pure lead drop at exactly 650 or are they bigger/smaller?

This might all come together before the belly of next week after all!

--Tinker

Last edited by Tinker; 07/25/08 11:25 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tinker, did you have a knee joint replaced? How'd it go? I am in line for one of those come August. Thanks, Chopperlump

Tinker Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Chopperlump-

New ACL allograft, extensive repair of numerous chondral defects.
The new connective tissue used to be the achilles tendon of a nineteen year old young man (hopefully he's in a better place now), there were tears, cracks, and voids showing the ends of my femur and tibia. For a couple of the tears there was trimming, for some of the cracks (I think) there was stitching, and for the major chondral defects where tibia and femur were showing they went in with hammer/punch and initiated microfractures on the faces of the bones - to instigate new cartilage growth.
Recovery was estimated at 4-6 months.
I'm not half way through it yet, the process has been tough and painful.
It looks like all's going well with the process, and the doctors say I'm healing well.

I am seeing this time as an investment!

So, do you have some .620 roundball?
I'd really like to get this little rifle running...

--Tinker

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tinker,

I have on hand the .650 balls that you want, and will be glad to get 25 in the mail to you. Send me your address via the private message function here on the SXS Board. If I can't figure out how to retreive messages I'll post my email address.

These will mic out exactly .650, and will come in at about 410gr. Cast from hospital grade lead,99.999% pure, with no wheel weights involved, so these are fine out of a rifled bore if that's your intent.

It will be impossible for me to mail them before Monday...I survey land and have to run lines today on a rush job. Will be glad to get them off to you Monday morning,however.

woodsrunner

Tinker Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

WoodsRunner-

All I've heard and seen of the private messaging system on this website of late is that it doesn't work.
I have a yahoo email account that has been very reliable, and I have been asking that mail go there. The prefix of that account is one word, spelled exactly as such -- engineeringandclosure
That'll get us in contact hopefully.
I would very much appreciate whatever you could do.
Pure lead is perfect for this exercise as the bores are rifled.

Thanks

--Tinker

Sidelock
Sidelock

email sent to your address. Please advise if not received.

Tinker Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Got the mail, thanks.

You're a prince, WoodsRunner!

--Tinker

Sidelock
Sidelock

Check with Hornady for factory balls in that size. Castingis a pain and hardly worth getting set up for, in the quantity you'll probably shoot. Sources might be Midsouth and/or Graf's.

> Jim Legg <

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.