April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Jimmy W, CJ Dawe, Hammergun, David Williamson, PALUNC, 1 invisible), 426 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,093
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 25 26
22eley Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

This is HIS EMAIL to me he did NOTHING BUT LIE.

Date: Thursday, August 7, 2008 11:38 AM
To: finnfire22@adelphia.net
Subject: Re: Question regarding GunBroker.com Item 106621544
Size: 7 KB

Hi John,
I enjoyed talking with you.
My contact info is:
James L. Legg
1545 S. Ashcreek Dr.
Toquerville, UT 84774
(435)635-8330
Hope we can get together.
Just to confirm our conversation, I will take $1350 for the Uggie .410. That will include shipping and insurance to your FFL. 3 day inspection period will apply. Shipping both ways would be at your expense, if returned.
Thank you,
jl
I called him 45 mins AFTER gun show up IT WAS NO GOOD for me and he sad TOO BAD your NOT sending it back.he is a LIAR and a THIEF.everone one here should RUN FROM HIM his word is NOO good! thanks john baer ps i have 180 feedbacks on ebay (22eley) all + A1 i never seen a CROOK like this JAMES LEGG guy

Last edited by 22eley; 08/15/08 03:09 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Eley22,
I know the difference between an uncompromising tough old dude and a lying crook. I bet most here do too. You're urinating up a rope.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I HAVE BOUGHT GUNS FROM JIM AND NOT HAD A PROBLEM. IS IT JUST ME ?? THANKS, FRANK

Sidelock
Sidelock

First, congratulations on your first post on this, the best double gun forum on the internet. I've been around this board for about eight years and Jim Legg has been one of the mainstays since before I arrived. I've heard infrequent critisisms of Jim, primarily of his belief WD-40 is not harmfull to a gun. Pretty heady stuff, no? Other than his dastardly comments in favor of WD-40, he's proven repeatedly his knowledge of double guns and shared this knowledge freely. He's one of those I respect and would enjoy meeting.

One thing I've learned from reading these boards is when someone shows up and attempts to destroy a man's reputation, especially on his first post, there usually is no credibility to the claims of "...he done me wrong!"

I'll be waiting for Jim's response. While you're waiting for the same, why don't you find a fifth grader to teach you how to construct and punctuate a sentence? It doesn't help your case if the reader must go over your post several times to try and understand just what it is you're upset about.

Last edited by Cary; 08/15/08 03:54 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

This should be fun. And here I thought the long hot Summer might be over...Geo

Originally Posted By: Cary
It doesn't help your case if the reader must go over your post several times to try and understand just what it is you're upset about

The way I soak it up is Jim agreed to 3 day inspection but didn’t honor his words. I only read it once, so I may be wrong.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have found Mr. Legg to be of strong conviction, differing sometimes from my opinions on certain matters, and generally a stubborn old fart, much like myself. I have absolutely NOT found a dishonest thread in him, however. Liar, thief, crook, absolutely not. There are two sides to every story, I am sure "The Rest of the Story" will be forthcoming.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I find some ambiguity in the three day inspection period policy. Some mean it as "If you don't like the gun, return it in three days." and some mean "If the gun is not as I described it you have three days to return it."

It occurs to me that this could be one of those situations.

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

"It was no good for me" does that mean it wasn't as described or that you just didn't like it?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you all for the kind words.I hesitate to even dignify John's rant with a response but I will, anyway. The gun was described in full detail. It was exactly AS described. We talked on the phone several times and I sent pictures of the gun. It was correctly described as having 26" barrels. His "reason" for wanting to return was that he didn't like the 26" barrels. If there had been some surprise, some deception or flaw that was not disclosed, I would have accepted a return. I didn't pack it up and send it across the country so he could see what 26" barrels looked like. I'm not Costco. If a person does not know what 26" barrels look like, he probably should do all of his shopping at a gun store, preferably accompanied by an adult.

BTW, I did not say "too bad". I said "I would not accept a return because you don't like the 26" barrels. They didn't shrink in shipping".

Welcome to the forum, John.

Last edited by Jim Legg; 08/15/08 05:33 PM.

> Jim Legg <

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.