May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Hugh Lomas), 516 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,430
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 25 26
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: fnb25

one thing that does puzzle me tho is how this buyer determined that the seller was a member on this board that quickly, a matter of days. you don't just stumble across that.

I'm sure there are more readers than posters...Mr Legg is kinda hard to miss at times.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I swear some of you boys having been traveling first class with your silver spoon in matched luggage and apparently getting your due and then some. Maybe I'm walking in the wrong part of town as I haven't seen all that many sellers who specify, honour, or grant by negotiation 3 or 5-day return on whim of the moment. I can't disagree with FNB-25 that photos do not substitute well for the gun in hand; can't disagree with S.D.H. that this might be the basis for an "honorable" trade (altho perhaps not "thriving" as all the fifth-raters and junque contribute to that), but I don't believe for a moment that such forgiving attitudes and policies are the order of the day. "Those that can recognize what they want get it; those who can't deserve what they get."

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

A 3 day inspection is just that a 3 day inspection...personally I don't think a reason for return is necessary unless the seller gave a bad description...then I would be wanting all my shipping fees refunded (but it ain't happening).

Looking at Mr.Leggs Gunbroker feed back it appears that he sent a gun back for some reason.

The guy that bought this gun from Mr.Legg out of Gunbroker can't leave him feed back and also looses all protection that Gun Broker gives a buyer.

Truth is he has to take anything Mr.Legg decides to dish out to him...something I'm sure Mr.Legg is well aware of.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I haven't bought or sold many guns online. On top of that I have been firmly on the buyer's side when it comes to conflicts between buyer and seller.

Having said that, it looks like nobody bid on this gun while it was up on Gunbroker. That says to me that the buyer made an offer contingent on the gun not selling. He had the benefit of watching the entire auction, and then proceeded to make a lower offer. The description clearly states that the gun has 26" barrels. So he got the gun from his dealer and suddenly remembered that he didn't like 26" bbls? That sounds fishy to me.

My understanding of the 3 day inspection is that you have three days to examine the gun and make sure it is as advertised. Not so you can decide if it makes you feel like life now has meaning.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=107333006

Check out the bid history.

It looks to me like Mr. 22eley may have decided to go with a 26" gun until this one came along and then wanted out of the deal. Just a thought.

Nick

22eley Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

YES as you can see JIM gave me 3 days,i called him 45 mins after gun got to shop,He lied and started swimming backwards like Bill Clinton.we are only as good as our word.his word is TRASH! its ALL in HIS email.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Originally Posted By: fnb25

one thing that does puzzle me tho is how this buyer determined that the seller was a member on this board that quickly, a matter of days. you don't just stumble across that.

I'm sure there are more readers than posters...Mr Legg is kinda hard to miss at times.

WOW.....think thats call the kettle black??????

Sidelock
Sidelock

I thought all SxS's were supposed to give life meaning....

DRM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I sell and buy items over the net all the time, and this particular case is certainly one that is on that proverbial fence.

I agree that there were no caveats in Jim's return policy thus leaving it open for different interpretations. When I sell something from my own website (antiques, and non-firearms)I will take it back if they do not like it in hand as they did from the pictures (antiques sometime look very different in hand than in photos). However I do agree with Jim that not liking 26" barrels puts it into an entirely different situation altogether. He is correct that the buyer can go to a gunshop first and handle 26-28-30 inch barrels to determine what he likes and wants in barrel length. This was not the way for any internet buyer to find out his likes regarding gun specifications.

A suggestion to John (22eley): Why don't you offer Jim $75/100 for all of his trouble in sending photos,numerous phone conversations and handling the shipment, in addition to reimbursing his shipping and insurance costs to you. He might take it as a show of good faith and you can treat it as an alternative cost to having driven around to various shops to determine what you wanted in a SxS.

Sidelock
Sidelock

They do Joe. Except maybe the 311's.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bottom line a 3 day inspection is just that, a 3 day inspection. If you don't like it or the 28" that you have REALLY wanted comes along, as long as your in your 3 DAY INSPECTION, your golden. Send the son of a gun back. The seller ain't going to like it, but when is a seller going to like a gun comming back? It is too bad that we have to waste all this energy here, but we do, but we do because dealers do not want to take guns back. They try to strong arm folks into keeping guns that people don't want, that don't look as good as they looked in pictures, and so on...

KISS= Keep it simple sonny, A 3 day inspection = A 3 day inspection (no questions asked)

Page 5 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.