May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (ClapperZapper, bushveld, SKB, 1 invisible), 350 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,429
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26
Sidelock
Sidelock

I can tell you what I would have done had I been the seller. I would have taken the gun back, and I would have made sure 22Eley knew he was to never contact me again, ever. Then I would have sold the gun to someone else and rested easy at night knowing that 22Eley was a loser, not me.

By refusing to take the gun back, the seller lowered himself to 22's level.

I hope in the future Jim does a better job of defining the terms of his return policy. I hope in the future 22Eley learns not to waste people's time. I suspect 22Eley is the same guy who buys an expensive pair of high heels to wear to a fancy ball then returns them the next day.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have never heard anything negative about Mr. Jim. Conversly, I have never heard of Mr. 22Eley. Who to believe ??? -- Ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim Legg has put me on his ignore list for something he thinks I've said at sometime or other...and now his muck pops-up all over the place.
By Jove, perhaps I'll return the favor now ol'boy!
BUT not yet, I must see how he tries to climb out of the dumper first on this one.
Funny how things go, eh Jim!

Last edited by Lowell Glenthorne; 08/16/08 07:23 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Did you not read Jims email before you commented ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would have bought both guns and been happy. The ejector gun is probably going to go above what it is worth, unfortunately. Then Eley22 will have to go shopping again.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would think that keeping the customer (even a bad customer) happy, should be the name of the game.
All this fallout, by not doing so, is not really worth it.
But, what the hell do I know?

Ole Cowboy
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've never been in this situation but if I went through all the trouble of sending a gun as represented I'd be reluctant to take it back and definitely not for "it's not good for me." I haven't time for it.

I'd feel differently if the buyer disagreed with my description of the gun. Since the buyer in this case provided no evidence of Jim being a thief or liar the thread should in all fairness be removed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Originally Posted By: 22eley

To: finnfire22@adelphia.net
Subject: Re: Question regarding GunBroker.com Item 106621544

Hi John,
I enjoyed talking with you.

Hope we can get together.
Just to confirm our conversation, I will take $1350 for the Uggie .410. That will include shipping and insurance to your FFL. 3 day inspection period will apply. Shipping both ways would be at your expense, if returned.

Rabbit the "witness" is Mr.Leggs email..

If Mr.Legg is not willing to take the gun back....why did he include the words "if returned" in his email ?

Why is everyone dancing around the email...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is my 2 cents on it. Seller tells in his last sentence to ask questions before bidding. Like stated, no body bid, so my quess is that this person was lurking and waiting for no bids and then approached seller and made an offer stating "since there were no bids on your item wouuld you take $$$$$ amount for it.
Seller gave a full description and it doesn't mention anything about a 3 day inspection in the listings.

"Beautiful .410 SxS for sale. 26" barrels, 3" chambers, IC/Mod, two triggers and extractors. Gun was bought new in March of 2007 by me. Still looks like new and is actually better than new, in that it has two ivory beads, manual safety and a .6" Pachmayr Decelerator pad and all the misses have been shot out. Comes in original box. Weighs 5 lbs. 7 oz., 14-1/4" LOP, DAC is 1-1/2", DAH is 2-5/8" and has 1/4" cast-off. 2008 price is $1995. MY PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING AND INSURANCE TO YOUR FFL. Please ask any questions you may have before bidding."

If seller added 3 day inspection for item in an email, to me it would mean if the gun didn't fit or some unknown problem but not that the buyer didn't like the 26" barrels. It was there in black and white how long they were. Like stated I also believe that the buyer found another one with longer barrels and possibly cheaper.
So in my opinion, why would Jim accept the return? The deal was done out of Gunbroker and maybe that will teach the buyer to buy the item on the auction site and not to make a "deal" afterwards.

It's not a good thing to hear and read about, and I hope this is settled in an amicable way.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: NTaxiarchis
They do Joe. Except maybe the 311's.

HEY! when i was 13 a 311 gave my life meaning.

for that matter i'd not turn one down now under the right cicrumstances. i've always had a fondness for them. they were the double of the farm kid who didn't like repeaters. made in USA, indestructible. affordable. everything else is gravy.

roger

Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.