April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (GETTEMANS, Hugh Lomas, Marks_21), 415 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,090
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 26 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 25 26
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Amigo Will
Wouldn't be suprised to find out that the guy is one of the Jim haters from this forum just looking for a way to rag on Jim.

Jim you didn't send the gun to tennessee did you.

"Jim haters"... yer kidding me.

I live in Tennessee I know better than to pull Jims Legg.

Truth is according to Mr.Leggs email he owes the guy a refund.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Baron23
I'm with Homeless Joe. There is nothing ambiguous about it at all. A three day inspection period is just that, three days within which you have a right of recession. This means, three days and you can call the deal off and, as stated, pay shipping for both ways.

Unless the inspection period has other clauses or caveats...its just what it says, three days to decide if you want the gun or not.

I also note, that especially in the beginning, the seller's friends seemed to pipe up rather strongly. Based on the facts, or just that this fella was their friend. One went so far as criticising the buyer's writing ability. Certainly on the mark as to the issue at hand.

Sorry, don't know Jim...but if he says 3 day inspection and does not honor it for any reason I choose, then I don't want to buy a gun from him.

Cheers

Cheerz...

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Jaqua's illustration is a NO NO if it is true. I'm still not sure of my opinion on the Jim Legg situation, but I don't like the buyer. He's a wuss if I read him right, but Jim didn't do what he said he would. However, a wuss deserves to be chastised, and I think Jim found the way to do it. What do you guys think? I think Jim violated the terms of the deal, but he taught this guy a lesson. This guy will probably think twice about shopping like a JAP. Sorry, that's my final opinion.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Is a three day inspection the same as a three day return?

I think not.

Mark
Sidelock
Sidelock

"...if it's true..." ?? oooohKAY, since you put it that way. short version: 1967 medallion grade bolt rifle 300winmag, specifically asked and was told was salt free no problems. shows up. rust on crossbolts. pull from stock. rust down right side of receiver and barrel. called immediately. don't recall the name of who i talked to but conversation along lines of "gun was fine when it left here. something happened to it during transit." "has been 2 days, box was unopened, undamaged" "well, 1967 wasn't even a problem year for brownings!" (!! really?) "look. the gun has a salt wood problem and visible rust. am i allowed to send it back or not?" "WELL SEND IT BACK THEN!" i got my money back and a nice letter from someone who's name i also don't recall. but IMHO i should not have had to pay any shipping on that item period. it was misrepresented. i think i've still got copies of the snail mail and their check stub. should i send you pics of it?

the gun got reposted with no mention of salt, and showed up on another dealers site soon after still w/ no mention of salt and 50% higher.

roger

Boxlock
Boxlock

Originally Posted By: arrieta2
I give 3 day inspection. Period! I don't care if the guy sees pictures of the wood and then buys the gun and says that the wood was not that nice or what. I take it back. If I said it had 26" barrels and he purchased it and said it did not work out for him, I would take it back. If in the description it said it had 26" barrels and he was surprised it had 26" barrels when he got it I would take it back, but since it was his mistake, misunderstanding, I expect him to pay the postage both ways.

I think what I have said above is fair.

John Boyd

The way I see it they are both wrong. One, for 22eley attacking Mr. Legg's character. Two, for Mr. Legg not refunding the money.

Dan

Last edited by DI Dan; 08/16/08 03:17 PM.

Dan Printz

"Semper Fi"
John 14:6 <((><
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think "Three Day Inspection" could mean that you have three days to find some flaw or undesirable feature not in the ad. If Mr. Legg hadn't listed the barrels as 26" then the buyer would definitely have the right of return. Otherwise I think Jim is within his rights.

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gracias, mi amigo, for the "comedy" award. Might want to consider Jack Maloney's response as a top contender for "most nearly sane" and Wilhelm's ("WTF") in the "I can't believe the guy is from this planet" category. Hard to stay out of the linea del fuego on this one.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

After these 10 pages of differing opinions one thing is clear. One needs to clarify what the seller's perception of their "3 Day Inspection Period" is. The buyer needs to ask if it is return with no questions asked within 3 days or; if a 3 Day Inspection is time to verify that the gun meets the seller's description.

I've bought some nice guns over the internet but a few had a wart or two. It wasn't worth my time nor money to ship them back. Other times the buyer told me before I bought that it I didn't like the gun to send it back.

Like most things in life, good communication is the key...

USMC Retired
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
I think "Three Day Inspection" could mean that you have three days to find some flaw or undesirable feature not in the ad.

It's clear in Jims email to the guy..."3 day inspection period will apply. Shipping both ways would be at your expense, if returned."

What does "if returned" mean ?....and why is the "if returned" even there ?

It should have read...

3 day inspection period will apply. Shipping both ways would be at your expense, if you try and return it yOu can kiss my dAiry'air.

Page 10 of 26 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.