Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26
Sidelock
Sidelock

Try ordering a bespoke $100,000 double with 26" barrels from H&H and then returning it because you decide you just don't like 26" barrels. The point is that the barrel length is not a subjective description. If the wood wasn't as it appeared in the photos, or the color of the case hardening looked strange, O.K., return it. But, 26" is 26". Hard for me to see how there could be any misunderstanding here.

LCSMITH
Sidelock
Sidelock

A quick read thru the posting on this and it appears that I may be in the minority opinion on this one but I do agree with S.D. Hughes. ya know the way most people understand the three day inspection clause is exactly as stated. Three day inspection period! with right of return from the date it was received by the buyers dealer! NO REASON for return has to be given by the buyer! I am a bit worked up about this because it makes for bad business for the buyers and sours them on conducting long distance transactions. Have I been stuck with a POS gun becuase the seller lied? ja I have and that experience has lead me to resolve NOT to buy anything from someone I don't know or can't check out thru mutual friend. Thanks for the Warning 22eley Jeff S.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have returned several guns in the past. What I have found very interesting (and amusing)is several of the sellers did not want me to tell them why I am returning the gun. They had no interest in hearing what I had discovered. They're just anxious to end the conversation. Interesting.

Three day inspections: I learned long ago to clarify the return policy. I usually will ask a seller if I can return the gun for any reason (including no reason). If there is any hesitancy on the sellers part I end the deal right there. Life is too short.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Joe, in keeping with my standard 800 day inspection privilege, you may still return the Scott hammer gun. Daryl

Sidelock
Sidelock

Seller's remorse!

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes. If the item does not suit you there is 3 days to return it in unaltered condition. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
Now you know why I don't buy guns previously unheld from people I do not know.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Denny Crane comes up the sidewalk in a cheerleaders outfit, with a women's wig sliding off the side of his head and limping because of a broken heel on one of his high heeled shoes after a rough night on the town. He wonders how his face got so smeared with lipstick and he has never in all his 60 years remembered being on a college girls cheerleader's squad. As he gets up to the house he is startled by the crash at the front window that leaves a body hanging half in and half out of the house while vomiting in the bushes. As he opens the door, he ducks under a glass that had once held his grandmother's teeth next to her bed, and hears it splatter against the door jam next to his head. One man has smashed a table over another bloke's skull. Another shovel headed moron has his sister in a headlock and is choking her as he screams, because she has his crotch in a vise grip with her hand while twisting it furiously. A man is dancing around the room screaming in pain because someone has buried a knife through his foot. Another young man is crawling around the floor on his hands and knees looking for the chunk of his ear that has been bitten off, while his brother is staring down at his once new Leisure Suit that is now in repair of a missing breast pocket. Denny Crane quietly backs out the door and tiptoes with a broken high heeled limp back down the sidewalk, trying not to be noticed or involved. About that time a bus filled with screaming girl cheerleaders hanging out of the windows comes around the corner and heads his way as they all start screaming, "De-e-e-en-n-y-y-y-y-y-y. De-e-e-e-en-n-y-y-y-y-y!! He runs as fast as his broken high heeled shoe can take him and jumps on the bus just in time to head out of town and get away from all this mess.

Sidelock
Sidelock

As long as we give as good as we expect, I see no problem with some sellers granting maximum elbow room for return and others less so long as in each specific instance there is a mutual understanding which is respected by both parties to the sale. From a rough tally of the posts here, I would not say that I know how "most people" interpret inspection and right of return. I have always stuck to the "not as described" permission but have been lenient in other areas. I recently had a successful bidder ask me by email if I could hold the gun for 14 days before shipping due to his inability to take delivery while on vacation. A lot can happen in 14 days while I'm in possession of both gun and money, so I responded by asking if his receiver would mind holding the gun. Answer was affirmative and I shipped. Emailed to tell me the date he personally took delivery and again to tell me he was happy and would post feedback on GB. He could have fibbed and got a few extra days and more opportunity to prospect for defects and I don't really care. On a recent purchase, I stated to a licensed dealer that I would not be able to take delivery for two days after ETA at my receiver and no objection was made to me calling back and starting the clock on my own recognizance. Altho I'm sure many receivers are trusted as proxy inspectors of the purchase, this is not universally the case. I doubt if the system would function for many of us if the requirements of jobs and travel were not considered. We all have slightly different personal policies and safeguards against the loggerhead of sharp dealing. The system stands or falls on the honesty, good will, patience (and to a degree) flexibility of all who participate--buyers and sellers. And perhaps most important of all--explicit statement of the expectations and policies acceptable to both parties BEFORE the sale. If you aren't met half-way before the sale, chances are you won't be after.

jack

Last edited by rabbit; 08/17/08 12:46 AM.

This post is act of kindness to Jim (or John)but I say it’s none of our business.
John need to sort this out with Jim or seek justice else where. I’m sure not all dialog between the 2 parties are exposed to us, arbitrate ones character based on limited information provided by opposing party is like umpire a tennis match with blindfold. To me, this is complete meaningless and tasteless.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm not going to take sides on this one, but thank Lordie for the 3 day acceptance/rejection period. Few years ago I bought Merkel 122 from Mid-Western dealer. It went back because I didn't want to break my thumb or use my knee to load/unload that piece. Some of you guys would not give me a refund no doubt, and have me strain myself till I blew you a good fart!

Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.