May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (SKB, battle, Argo44, 1 invisible), 436 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,421
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 26 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 25 26
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Originally Posted By: luckydog

I am going to state that I know Jim Legg personally, have shot with him, and he is a good guy. Maybe old and crotchety.

Now I see why he won't live up to his end of the bargain.

How so, jOe?

Todd
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am going to state that I know Jim Legg personally, have shot with him, and he is a good guy. Maybe old and crotchety.

How so, jOe?

Todd
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, how so Joe? luckydog has brought up a good question. We would like to hear just exactly what you have to say for yourself. And thanks for your comments, vrs. It was good to hear from you..............Denny Crane, self appointed narrator and chief instigator

Sidelock
Sidelock

I know Jim only through this board. I consider a "Contract" to buy just that. Unless specifically spelled out otherwise I consider an "Inspection" period just that, a time to make sure it arrived as advertised. I would, in spite of all the nay sayers have no qualms at all about purchasing an item from Jim if his description met my desires. "IF" it arrived as described (This one "Did") I would not expect him to take it back, because I changed my mind.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hint>>>>check definition of crotchety and add ole' to it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

More good comments from Jagermeister and 2-piper. And they make some good points here guys. AND we are still waiting to hear from Joe about his reply to luckydog. So, please joe, give us your thoughts...............Denny Crane, self appointed narrator and chief instigator.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh come now, he is not trying to return std. Remington 700 BDL because it arrived in kal. 7,62x63mm as advertised. I'm sure you're aware of the fact that not all basic Ignacio Ugartechea A&D guns with similar parameters were not created equal.

Sidelock
Sidelock

How so, jOe?

You're the one said he was "old and crotchety"....not me or Denny Crane

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: vrs
I didn't know who Jim Legg was ...but I most certainly do now....as do hundreds of others.
I don't have any personal axe to grind here. However, this whole exchange is about fighting against clarity in an industry standard. A 3 day inspection is simply that. Return it for whatever reason. That is why a buyer agrees to pay shipping and insurance if returned.
The implications of Legg's comments are that had the buyer simply said "I am returning it...I don't like it." He would have accepted the return....the 26" barrels notwithstanding. Legg is trying to redefine an (until now) accepted industry standard with a specious and juvenile "gotcha" argument and "extraneous facts". Buyers can be difficult...but even the most difficult people get 3 day inspection periods. Legg is a dealer….let's all remember that. He is supposed to uphold that standard.
Having destroyed his reputation over a crappy $1300 gun could be the most stupid thing imaginable. Legg has done thousands of dollars worth of damage to himself.
Bad reputations in this business get distributed geometrically. As evidence of that, I have not posted here in quite a while, but I learned of and was directed to this story from an entirely different site and I suspect it is on several other sites. It doesn't really matter that some here agree with Mr. Legg….nor does it matter that Mr. Legg is so strident in his supposed righteousness …his reputation is done. Not very smart….but whatever.
We all know who the "bad players" are in this business. Mr. Legg has unfortunately just enrolled in that most august group….with honors.

Amen....pass the plate Denny.

vrs Offline

I respectfully disagree. "As advertised" has literally nothing to do with a 3 day inspection period. Nothing at all.
Legg is a "dealer" because he routinely trades guns whether he has an FFL or not. He is clearly trying to extract the benefits of being a dealer without the responsibility of being a dealer, i.e. that an unscrupulous individual. Let me explain...
The purpose of a 3 day inspection, is to get the gun in your hands. If it doesn't feel right, or if it didn't look like you thought it did, or whatever...send the gun back. All guns look good in photos. The 3 day inspection period is to replace the classic notion of walking into a gun shop, picking up the gun and deciding whether or not to buy it. Because you picked it up and it was "as described" does not obligate you to buy the gun...anymore than shipping it does. The internet allows dealers to broaden their audience and customer base.... NOT TO rip off unsuspecting buyers. Agreement by a buyer to pay for shipping and insurance is part of that construct and makes the whole process work. The quid pro quo for the dealer is to operate as if the customer were physically standing in his shop.
This concept could not be simpler.
I repeat...Legg is a dealer. The reason trading guns over he internet works at all is because of this industry standard. If we didn't have 3 day inspections (or however many days), the only place guns would trade would be in the gun shops themselves physically and not on the internet. I repeat again...Legg is a dealer...not an individual trying to foist off some crappy spanish gun. Although this standard should hold true for everyone, this is an important distinction.

Last edited by vrs; 08/18/08 10:49 AM.
Page 19 of 26 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.