May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Argo44, Der Ami, Fudd, Tim Wolf, Ted Schefelbein, 1 invisible), 525 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,452
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 26 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 25 26
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jimmy W
Denny Crane, self appointed narrator and chief instigator

Denny anyone ever tell you you're a trouble maker.....

Sidelock
Sidelock

We should have 20 pages about the 'soul' of the American pump shotgun not this crap!!!
Let those two fight it out themselves, the way it should have been handled in the first place!!!
The movie, The Long Riders,
Scene where Bell Starr's husband fights Cole Younger, big mistake!!!... "face to face...man to man"!!
enuf already!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dear Jim, I can't fault you for the way you handled this transaction. Others have given their opinion and some are quite compelling, (i.e. 400 Nitro Express). However, it's your sale and you make the rules. I get ding-dongs in my shop from time to time that want me to do things for them that are not just above and beyond, but in freakin' lunar orbit. case in point, a guy comes in and said, I bought this stuff from you 2 years ago, I just cleaned out my garage, I want credit. Or, "I know you closed 1/2 hours ago, but you should wait on me, cause I tell my employees to wait on everybody, even if they are there until 2a.m. Point is, in business, you alone make the rules,you can't let people dictate to you what you policy is to. If you are under obligation from GB to abide by a certain definition of a 3-day return policy, then you must do it. If not, Your stance will keep the boneheads away.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ok, You all got me to log in and post. 1st Homeless yahoo, GO AWAY you are anoying (but you know that and that is your goal)Now to the subject at hand, I dont know Mr Legg or the other guy who started this mess but...dont buy it if you dont want it and you should be able to return it if (and only if) it is not as represented. For you who feel different i need to buy a gun from you for a duck hunting trip, I will return it in 3 days for a full refund minus shipping, OK with you?
Get a life all.

Sidelock
Sidelock

God knows and Jim is still going to heaven so who care about this whole thing anymore. Those that have purchased from Jim in the past here still will and if the rest don't its Jims gain as most arrear to be no win buyers for sellers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

OK. I just had to post again. Jim, you are RIGHT by not returning the money. I have sold a few guns on the net and I will not do it again because of people like this idiot that you had to deal with. They are a BIG waste of time and money. I have a large collection of very nice guns and when I sell them, I will go to a large auction house. Let whoever buys them pay that price and I don't have to deal with people that Jim has.

P.S. HAS HOPELESS JOE EVER HAD ANYTHING TO SAY THAT IS WORTH ANYTHING. I WOULD SAY "GET A LIFE" BUT I SEE THIS IS YOUR LIFE. WHAT A PITY.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Now you two bo-zOs want to attack me....

Quite a life you two have nothing better to do than read all this....

Fellers I'm not the guy that sold a man a gun with a written 3 day inspection and then refused to stand good on my word.

GJZ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

There are many guys here, HJ, who believe you are taking too much pleasure from this topic. Your behavior is unseemly.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Bob Blair
How many have seen a good looking gun in the rack at a dealer's shop but when you picked it up and mounted it, it just didn't "feel" right? We have discussions about this kind of thing all the time and some have even done scientific research on that phenomenon. I'm thinking a 3 day inspection period covers exactly this kind of thing and if it doesn't, it should be stated. Most wouldn't buy from a seller who stated such a ridiculous policy.

I agree with VRS that Legg has done himself far more damage by being such a hard head than by showing a little understanding and beng willing to adapt to the situation. Do unto others........Mr. Legg.

That sums it up the best.The 3 day inspection period is there to sell guns to people who would not buy them over the internet.I would bet many of us have looked at gun on the rack and thought hmmm this sounds great,picked it up and put it right down as it did not have the balance feel,swing or whatever.Same with suits,women and cars.Some things need to be tried on before you buy them.

Last edited by Dave K; 08/18/08 05:10 PM.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's a hypothetical. I list a "vintage" gun with a sizable amount of drop to the comb (say 3" at heel). Should I anticipate that many in the potential pool of buyers are only vaguely aware of "contemporary" models/brands which have provided them with an off the rack "fit" and without a clue as to the dimensional bill of particulars which describes their ideal fit? If I get a bidder query from someone who describes himself as a "first-time buyer" with a "hankerin to buy hisself an old doublegun" and has a hundred questions concerning the precedural details of buying and shipping but thinks the gun is exactly what he "wants", should I attempt to gently educate and risk loosing his bid. I think so as it sure ain't going to "feel right" (what he's accustomed to) when he receives it.

How far does my obligation to educate extend? Can I ever assume that those who talk the talk like polished cognoscenti actually may be big enuf men to gamble on their own judgment and expertise without resort to the "woman's prerogative". I hope so because I can't help but think that a market with unqualified right of return would die on the vine.

Could I sell small engines with an ad that says the one you get will have something around 3 to 8HP and some sort of starter and one of ten bolt patterns for mounting and there's really no point to specifications as you have a right to return for any reason or none so you're bound to get the right one eventually and I just love to ship things and see them come back like carrier pigeons? Description of condition and specification is an abstract of the gun itself. May be accurate or may not and "right of return if not as described" covers that possibility. If you must buy on approval, I suggest that postage stamps and coins may offer a better outlet for your time and money.

jack

Page 21 of 26 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.