May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
12 members (Jim585, earlyriser, Borderbill, bushveld, 2 invisible), 510 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,454
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 26 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree GZ- I don't know Mr. Legg from "Adam's Off Ox" and have no present plans to sell any firearms on the Internet-due to the hazards of inspection/description/return outlined in this thread, ditto the one on Cashier's Checks and the counterfeiting extant- I own guns that I inherited, bought privately; from local dealers and at area gun shows- so inspection was not a problem- The only dealer I dealt with, years ago, was Bill Jaqua (pronounced Jake Way) in Findlay Oh- at the Grand in Vandalia- I still see his ads in GUN DIGEST- believe he is retired, but Bill set a high standard for honest dealing, as has Felix Bedlan, Jack Puglisi, Thad Scott, John Allen and Stephen Cobb, among many others (and for those reputable dealers I ommitted-my apologies)! Bill had a three day no questions asked return on shipped guns-he started in the gun business in 1948 as an adjunct to this downtown Sporting Goods store in Findlay (Rawlings, Spaulding, Wilson, Acushnet etc back then) and I am sure has encountered such a situation as described herein- My question is- why spend the money (the cost to insure funds) and pay shipping if you are not 90% sure you are going to keep the gun!I'll give a dealer a reasonable profit- but to enrich the UPS/USPS?Fed Ex boys- well that's a horse of another color.

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 08/18/08 07:54 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you don't like some posters, just use your IGNORE button. It has worked great for me.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm taking pleasure from this topic!
Jim Legg has hit the ignore button on me for something I may, or may not of said somewhere in the distant past. He took pleasure in announcing his use of the ignore feature for all to read.
Fairplay, is fairplay Jimbo - I make no bones about it!

Sidelock
Sidelock

IM,

This thread alone has added another three names to my ignore list.

Destry

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne
I'm taking pleasure from this topic!
Jim Legg has hit the ignore button on me for something I may, or may not of said somewhere in the distant past. He took pleasure in announcing his use of the ignore feature for all to read.
Fairplay, is fairplay Jimbo - I make no bones about it!

Jim trashed me to no end and yes I take pleasure in seeing the horse for what color it really iz....

What say Denny Crane ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Destry, don't do that, it looses its entertainment value then.

Tim

Sidelock
Sidelock

j0e, seems like you can't be honest around here!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Them Parker bOys are just too up-tight...

Sidelock
Sidelock

I reviewed the Gunbrokers Users Agreement which both buyer and seller agree to when they sign up as users and here's what it states:

"Item is guaranteed to be working and as described when delivered; no other warranty (express or implied) is offered by seller. "

As far as I can see the buyer has 3 days or 5 days or whatever time is offered by the seller to determine if what he purchasd meets the above criteria and that's it.
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 08/18/08 07:28 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Conejo, you have done it again!

I couldn't but imagine a flock of winged Briggs-Stratons of various HPs making their last descent to roost in your aviary. :-)

Great way to make a very valid point.

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
Page 22 of 26 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.