April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Mark II, NCTarheel, FlyChamps, Ken Nelson, ClapperZapper, 1 invisible), 995 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,476
Posts545,187
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have about 7 flats of 16 gauge one ounce loads, which I'll shoot in my Austrian hammergun. Cannot wait.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

These are my dove dogs. They are not as good of retrievers as labs but not bad. All are French Brittanys.

Dubya - 4 year old, 46 pounds, retrieves to hand. He actually belongs to my 27 year old son but has been "staying" at my house for two years:

This is Mollie. 18 months, 28lbs, retrieves to hand:

Belle - 5 months old about 20 pounds:

Red - Belle's litter mate, 25 pounds:

Best,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 08/18/08 10:16 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Boxlock
Boxlock

Lets see…. Lunch today with a client that is going to let me do opening day on his property. It’s forty-five minutes from my place in Denver, has about a mile of creek, a small pond and lots of cottonwoods. Lots of birds too. I’m a VERY lucky fellow this year. It doesn’t get much better than this living smack dab in the center of Denver. I bought lunch! I’m taking a buddy who has never shot dove before and who is a much better shot than me.

The following weekend it is my annual trip to the San Luis Valley for dove. A friend owns an organic farm down there and he lets me hunt. A long drive, not a whole lot of birds, but the sunrise over Sand Dunes National Monument is worth the trip. I’ve already loaded up 75 fiber-wad, bismuth shells to keep it all bio-friendly, as requested.

Lets see some photos when the time comes.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Joe Wood
Sure haven't developed a flinch while catching all those trout.

Haven't developed much people skills either.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Why only take 1 gun! I am taking 3, they of course will all have a turn. Taking a vacation, will be fly fishing in North Georgia, coming home the day before dove season, cant wait!

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Having been antagonized by the little buggers every week while shooting skeet and trap, I'm ready to exact my revenge. Hard to focus on clay birds when you have live ones flying down your barrel to gravel in the parking lot right behind you!! Lord knows I'm ready having shot a boat load of shells this year.Northeast Oklahoma dove populations are generally spotty. Out west is where the real numbers are.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
M&M Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Checked with my hunting buddy last week about a flyway we hunt. Lots of birds, 90%+ white wings. High, fast, but plenty of shooting. Plenty shells lined up. My 16 ga. model 21 has been fitted to me. A very informal pasture shoot this weekend to warm up. Life is good.

We did get a flood today, which we needed badly. Guess I'll wait to see how, if any it affected the birds.

Sidelock
Sidelock

'been shootin clays pretty reglar on the Satardays. 'Thinkin bout heddin down to to the Tejas panhandle to see if I kin outfit miself on stuff layin aboot in the fields. I hear theres all kina stuff Texans drop out there huntin. Trainin the Lab to find and pickup huntin gear.

Probly take my gun "Angie" along. 'works for 'tractin hunters to gain intel for findin hotspots of lost gear.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good looking britts Amarillomike.

Here are some pictures of mine when I first got him...
http://www.beeslife.com/adam/rusty%20points%20005.jpg
http://www.beeslife.com/adam/dog%20pics%20002.jpg
Here's him now...
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z84/dovehunter92/NEWCAMERAPICS029.jpg
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z84/dovehunter92/NEWCAMERAPICS028.jpg
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z84/dovehunter92/NEWCAMERAPICS148.jpg

I want my next Britt to be liver and white.

I have been here in Houston, TX for about a month and a half. I'll be here for about another month. So unfortunately I have no idea how things are going back home in Alabama. Although, in the Southeast Alabama, the season does not start until Oct.... the rest of the state starts in Sept.... like everyone else in the country. So I will be home in time for the opener. I may end up driving to the Montgomery area to get in on some shooting a little early.

But I have heard great things about the dove shoots in Texas. Anybody know of anything going on close to Houston. I would be willing to pay up to $100 or so.

Thanks

Adam

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just sighted in the scope on my pellet gun. The doves are starting to gather around the bottom of the upside down bird feeder, picking up all of the hulls of the niger seeds left by the Goldfinches. It shouldn't be too hard to pick them off, setting the pellet gun in a gun rest and shooting off their heads. Dinner every night for the next few months and spending the winter without dozens of doves sitting on my deck and pooping all over the place. So stop on over guys. All that is required is a gun and a cold six pack of Heineken. Cigars optional.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.