May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (cpa, 1 invisible), 377 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,784
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

As a gun buyer on auction sites I was really disappointed in the number of sellers who put in their description " NO SALES TO CALIF" along with some very dispariging remarks. I have purchased 2 shotguns which had to be sent according to the new law, one from New York and the other from Pennsylvania, neither dealer had any problems with the Ca. DOJ. In fact one said that it took 2 minutes to obtain the proper paperwork. Also, I learned from a personal telephone conversation with the Ca. DOJ that a private individual may send a modern longarm to an FFL with out compling with the new law and that it does not have to be sent from an FFL.
Sorry, but I just had to vent.

Sidelock
Sidelock

DT-

As someone who was born here and who's lived in the state for almost all of my life, I'll chime in for a moment here.

Most of the people who I know who share this distinction of actually being from here are salt of the earth, morally sound, good hearted people who do not support the crazy-ass gun-control crap that makes it into the books.

Of the people who I know in this state, few are from here.
Of the people who I know to be avid anti-gun types, most of them are from the midwest.

Furthermore, the majority of the california-bashing I hear has to do with the typical-immigrant (from elsewhere in the 'States) behavior. The typical california-basher will typically not recognize this connection, even when clearly distinguished.

The gun auction site social temper of late in regard to this 'new law' is a great example of the affect of the brand of attitude I would attempt to illustrate, but I think you get the picture.

Granted there are what many could argue to be plenty of guns out here on the west coast, engaging in a boycot-to-the-buyer attempt to limit the supply of firearms into this state does not in any way support any kind of nationalist or constitutional-preservationist agenda.
To the contrary, it is a very extreme form of gun-control.

Too bad these folks can't separate their hatred of the gun-control agenda (this is deserved) from their support of fellow American Sportsmen and firearms owners.
I can see no good reason for them to turn color and join the gun-control machine (as they clearly are doing) and limit the choices and supply chain to their fellow Americans.
Each of these folks who decide to simply boycott sales to Californians is adding to the problem in a much more significant fashion than any waiting period or background check will, as there is no accounting for the individual at all.
This is the worst kind of gun-control there is, short of attempts to seize guns already in the possession of Californians.

I don't see it any other way.

--Tinker

Sidelock
Sidelock

dt:
I think that once a State such as MA,NJ,NY,Il or your own State of California develops a reputation of being hostile to legitimate gun owners many sellers decide it's just not worth it to do whatever is necessary to comply with another ridiculous regulation.
Of course far more ridiculous regulations could become the law of the land in the Months ahead. Of course I and others who watch these developments closely will now be labeled alarmists again. I don't care to engage in another debate on this subject with the very small minority on this board who wish to so this will be my only post on this thread.
The only advice I can offer you is to contact the sellers and try to get them to understand what's legal or go FFL to FFL if you want the item that much.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Too bad these folks can't separate their hatred of the gun-control agenda (this is deserved) from their support of fellow American Sportsmen and firearms owners.
I can see no good reason for them to turn color and join the gun-control machine (as they clearly are doing) and limit the choices and supply chain to their fellow Americans.
Each of these folks who decide to simply boycott sales to Californians is adding to the problem in a much more significant fashion than any waiting period or background check will, as there is no accounting for the individual at all.
This is the worst kind of gun-control there is, short of attempts to seize guns already in the possession of Californians.

I am with you on this, a few minutes to sell legal sporting arms to fellow gun lovers would be time well spent.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I suppose some of the "no sales to CA" is a form of protest from the dealer.

Some of it certainly can be attributed to dealers not being able to cope with yet another law in their highly regulated business. Unfortunately, some good people of simple background are overwelmed with the large variety of gun laws governing their trade. They sometimes simply shutdown to what they know works and stay within a 'safety zone'.

But, as a California resident (albeit born in the midwest, but 40 of my 52 yrs has been in CA), I'm disappointed that some dealers won't sell to a CA resident.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Born here, raised here, educated here, hoping to be leaving here in about five years, for all the obvious reasons.

One of the good guys on this board had a gun for sale, with note "no sales to CA." I explained the law and its lack of impact on private party sellers (i.e., just ship the gun directly to my FFL, no special paperwork required). He understood, we did the deal (two guns, actually), and everyone is happy. Of all the dumb laws in this state, this is one of the dumbest. We are not alone, I'm afraid your time will come. Condolences in advance.

Last edited by Replacement; 11/17/08 11:37 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

With all the horror stories about selling/shipping guns, anything new added to the mix would keep ME from selling MY gun to a unfriendly gun state. After all, why let my gun sit in some state gov't place, and you hold-up payment - NO THANKS!
You've guys have made your beds, and as our new Prez says, there are "57" other states to sell to.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I worked in Blythe,CA for eight years. I made many friends there and enjoyed many dove openers, but I was glad to leave. Summers were baaad.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
...anything new added to the mix would keep ME from selling MY gun to a unfriendly gun state...

Lowell, you are now part of the problem, rather than part of the solution. You would have the money before you ship the gun, so you are not out anything on the off chance that the gun sits somewhere. The new law only inconveniences a shipping FFL, not private party shippers. And, you ar not selling the gun to "a (sic) unfriendly gun state," but to another hunter/shooter/collector who happens to reside in an unfriendly state. You need to start paying attention and quit shooting from the lip.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Could someone tell me simply how to do this?? If someone has an FFL what does he have to do?? Honestly, that was my mentality, no CA sales, but if it is an easy thing to do, maybe I'll change my mind because what you guys are saying DOES make a lot of sense. Esp if it only takes 2 minutes.

Tim

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.