April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Ian Forrester, 1 invisible), 368 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,791
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Timothy, I am not an FFL and am inside the PRC, so have not had to do this, but it is my understanding that an out-of-state FFL just goes to the CA DOJ web site (accessible through ca.gov) and gets a code number assigned to your FFL so that an in-state FFL can receive guns from you to transfer to CA residents. If you are NOT an FFL, you don't need to do anything except ship directly to an FFL.

There was a detailed thread on the procedure a couple of months ago. I'll see if I can find it later.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I would rather that this came from the horses mouth so here is the number of the Ca. DOJ that I called if anyone wants to get the true facts. (916) 263-6275. It may take a few minutes but it was worth it to me. The gentleman that I spoke with was very pleasent and even he said that the law did not make much sense. Also, the dealer holds your gun for 10 days not some state agency and you may look at it the day it arrives and decide whether to keep it or send it back.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
the dealer holds your gun for 10 days

For those of you outside the PRC, the 10-day wait is not new. CA has had a 10-day waiting period for a loooooong time. Applies to just about all guns, long guns, hand guns, pre-1898 guns, etc. Don't know about muzzleloaders, though. There may be an exception for pre-1892 black powder shotguns, but when I tried to use the exemption the FFL wouldn't go for it. It's not just the time, it's also money. Receiving FFL's around here generally charge $85 to $175 just to process paperwork, so it becomes impractical to buy certain parts guns or project guns.

There are a number of FFL's in other states that will act as a go-between between the buyer and a seller that will not ship into California. The seller ships it to them, then they ship it into California. It's a little bit more hassle, but I have got guns shipped into California that otherwise I would have missed on.

Here is a link for those who want to review the new regulations:
http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/cflcoverview.php

Sidelock
Sidelock

You guys should be from Il. & see how you are treated. I understand why but it still is a problem. I travel to alot of sporting clay events and than hit the gun shops. As soon as they find out I'm from Il. I hear " Sorry but I won't sell you any gun. It is not worth it." I have bought a few from out of state but not too many. I have to rely on auctions. Frank

Sidelock
Sidelock

You guys should be from Il. & see how you are treated. I understand why but it still is a problem. I travel to alot of sporting clay events and than hit the gun shops. As soon as they find out I'm from Il. I hear " Sorry but I won't sell you any gun. It is not worth it." I have bought a few from out of state but not too many. I have to rely on auctions. Frank

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was a friendly guy in an unfriendly state once!
At a long time ago CADA show outside of Chicago, I had to fight my gun from the Chicagoland police dept., all the while trying to get my proof of being a Missouri resident from my wallet.
They were tugging at a tidy priced gun at that!
No way would I ever do gun business in Ill. again.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

According to my conversation with the Ca. DOJ 2 or 3 years back any firearm that is 1898 or before is considered an antique and does not require an FFL for shipping or receiving. I do not believe this has changed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was visiting gun shops in Washington state a few years ago, and a couple of gun shops, when they found out I was from CA, would not even let me handle any of the guns on the rack.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The mentality is kin to while at sea, throwing boiling oil on your fellow crew at the starboard side of your ship while they're taking small arms fire from an approaching frigate.

Not only does it not serve the interest of the ship, it is hard on your fellow crew.

There is a place for these sort of men.

--Tinker

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.