April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (bushveld, 1 invisible), 1,133 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,146
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Citation
"No, you cannot purchase a Colt Sporter or any of the firearms listed in California's Assault Weapon Guide. Nor can you purchase any firearm that was previously banned by the Federal Assault Weapon Ban, that has become legal as of today in about 46 other states, or import them into California for any reason unless you are the government. And citizens of this fair state are not the government. Additionally, California bans the sale or importation of magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. Absolutely nothing changes in California. So jump for joy, at least some people are getting their rights back.

Isn't it wonderful that we have a government that goes out of its way to protect our constitutional rights"

Here above is a summary of the types of weapons banned in Kalifornia.
I would copy it all over but the ban is over 90 pages long.
If there are "Black Guns" which I and most people in this hobby define as semi-automatic assault rifles lookalikes that are still legal in this "State" I'd like to see some examples of them.
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 11/20/08 12:15 AM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
...is a plain old private sale between 2 adults illegal? Do you have to go through an ffl?

Yes, and yes.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Further on that, all they're doing with a rifle or shotgun sale is running a background check - nothing on the gun at all on the paper.
You could be exchanging two hundred guns on one check and no one shall know the difference, no problem.

Tinker

Sidelock
Sidelock

Isxs-

I can't list them all, and by the book the list might be as long or longer than 90 pages of 'black rifle' ie 'mousegun' ie 'AW' type rifles and carbines that are legal to buy/own/etc here in the state.

The distinction lies in their name and some esoteric features.
For instance, the (imaginary for this purpose) 'ItalianSideBySide' brand 'ChuckSmoker' rifle (which looks just like a Bushmaster DCM rifle but doesn't have a mag catch button - instead it has a hole in the mag well where you can stick a bullet tip to drop the mag...) IS LEGAL.
It looks like the Bushmaster DCM, it shoots/balances/handles/performs the same as a Bushmaster DCM, but it doesn't have a mag release button...

Get it?
There are other similar functional distinctions that get this all to work out for everyone who gives enough to make it happen.

Tinker

Sidelock
Sidelock

I feel your pain. Several years ago I found nice double at a shop in "Bible Belt" state but the hombre in charge would not ship to NYS. Many will likely avoid CA or state now known as "Left Coast".

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tinker et al:
Thanks for the clarification here. I guess there are ways to get around some of the truly stupid laws they have there. Also I'm just grateful I live elsewhere and don't have to do things like that.
I feel I live in an ideal location with the Crossroads Show and William Larkin Moore only minutes away.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
You could be exchanging two hundred guns on one check and no one shall know the difference...

The FFL and your wallet would know the difference. All the FFL's with whom I do business charge a fee for the use of the FFL itself (i.e., the actual license), plus a set fee per gun. There is usually a price break if all the guns are from the same source or from the same state, but if you buy three guns from three different out-of-state sources, you pay three fees, even if on the same background check and all at the same time. The only savings in that case is that you only pay once for the use of the license.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Replacement-

The comment I made had only to do with the rules.
The guy paying the rent on the shop can charge any service fee he wants, but I don't typically have to pay such fees at the places I do my business.

Tinker

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Tinker
Isxs-

I can't list them all, and by the book the list might be as long or longer than 90 pages of 'black rifle' ie 'mousegun' ie 'AW' type rifles and carbines that are legal to buy/own/etc here in the state.

The distinction lies in their name and some esoteric features.
For instance, the (imaginary for this purpose) 'ItalianSideBySide' brand 'ChuckSmoker' rifle (which looks just like a Bushmaster DCM rifle but doesn't have a mag catch button - instead it has a hole in the mag well where you can stick a bullet tip to drop the mag...) IS LEGAL.
It looks like the Bushmaster DCM, it shoots/balances/handles/performs the same as a Bushmaster DCM, but it doesn't have a mag release button...

Get it?
There are other similar functional distinctions that get this all to work out for everyone who gives enough to make it happen.

Tinker

See here for some help:

http://www.calguns.net/a_california_arak.htm

Mike
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.