March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Jimmy W, Marc Ret), 349 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,001
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jimmy I turned 17 on 7-29-65 and 8-25-65 found me at Dago in Boot Camp.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Liek OWD, I'm a younger guy, but I've been here since 2002. Actually I lurked before then from 1999 or so off and on. I don't post much, but love learning from people on the board!

Sidelock
Sidelock

A usual poster back then was AYA Jeff with all his baggage of AyA knowledge.
Whatever happened to him?

I seem to remember Ted mentioned contacting him recently.

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
Sidelock
Sidelock

I know from PMs that ignorance, bad manners, lack of common courtesy, disgraceful language and an inability to keep a civil tongue deprived us of valuable contrbuters to the board. No need to wonder where or why they went. Although the abuse was rarely directed at them, it wasn't company they wanted to keep.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am not sure when I looked in on this site but I traded Pete the first nine or ten years of the Double Gun Journal for 3 super stock blanks around 10 years ago. Still have one of them, just haven't found the right gun for it yet.
Remember the long diatribes we used to get into with HE WHO CAN'T BE MENTIONED? What a nitwit that guy was.
Pete this thread was a great idea. Say helo to Wonko for me.

tight lines Jim Sears

Sidelock
Sidelock

'tight lines'

I haven't seen that signature in quite a while.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: bill schodlatz
It was just in the past year I had the courage to delete Oscar's e-mail address. It was 1975 when we meet at the Hoopstown gun show.

bill

I finally deleted Oscar's, Russ' and Bill's when we moved and my email address changed.

Then I happened to click into the address book of my hotmail account. They're all still listed. I haven't brought myself to delete them again.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

What a great read! I lurk more than anything but used to post on Stevens, Miroku's, Simsons and other poor boy guns. Now I'm into Remington 17s, 1950s 870s and other undervalued corn shuckers. I paid for my girls braces, all three, with the last of the over valued SxSs I had. I was always a hunter first anyway. Oscar and Russ were always great and when I got to meet Bill Wise I was a better person for it.

I still drop in now and again but had my hand smacked for trying to sell a 17 to a good home awhile back.

Last edited by Tim Frazier; 11/19/08 10:48 PM.

"Not all who wander are Lost"
-Hoppie 14'
Sidelock
Sidelock

I still have PMs and emails from Bill.

When he found out I had a young son (8 @ the time), he sent me a copy of his short story "Father's Day".

(now available @ http://www.doublegunshop.com/billwise1.htm )

A few days later, he emailed me some thoughts regarding my time spent w/ my son, which I still re-read when the father/son relationship gets a little strained, as can occasionally be the case w/ a 13 year old.

Doublegunshop.com - a site about SxS shotguns?

Yes, but w/ men like Bill around, it occasionally was (and w/ any luck will continue to occasionally be) so much more.

Always looking for small bore Francotte SxS shotguns.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I didn't realise the board had THAT much heritage. Amazing.

Also, I wish I knew the post on the board when it was called gunshop were being auto-deleted after some time. I'd have saved some of the threads.

This is an unbelievable place and it's a priviledge to be here.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.