March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Dan R), 819 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,015
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pete Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

At first I turned away thinking it was a bag lady, but Lo and behold it was our own Wonko the Sane waddling down the isle with a safeway cart full of primers. If you have never seen Wonko, just visualize Dorian Gray...the painting, not the man. THAT is our Wonko. DAM, he is OLD! He was in search of another skeet Mod 12 which he found in about 98% condition. Good find. He has been very busy at work but threatens to post in a couple weeks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good to hear he is out and about.How was the show,much ado about climate change etc.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The show was packed with hand-truck pushing multi-thousand round of ammo buying black rifle haggling citizens.
Evidently the Reno Show has never had such attendance.

I found it a bit of a chore getting through the rows of tables, and the ones where I did pause were featuring markup prices that kept me from wanting to look further.

There were some amazing vintage guns and rifles though, but from what I heard of the vintage sporting arms dealers, they were wishing they too had ammo and black guns to sell...

--Tinker

Pete Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

It was amazing to see so much ammo sold. One dealer sold $250,000 worth by Mid Saturday then another 18 wheeler arrived to replenish shelves. By the end of the show, there was virtually no ammo left, and we are talking maybe 40-50 tables of ammo.

The show generally was slow for most as there were too many people in the way for dealers to get out and buy/trade amongst themselves. We did well due to some slow time Friday afternoon and some serious sales took place in an hour or two. There were some great deals, great guns, and some overpriced stuff, as usual.

It is the best Western show outside of the Vegas Winter show and it will be held again in March or April.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I wuz gonna drop in the nostalgia section but it was just too too.

Ref that - I'm not sure when I first dropped in. Way before the date in my profile since I had at least two other handles. I do remember flaming Russ (which I sorta regret but he WAS just way easy to lite up) but the reported time with Bill is not in the data banks. Selective mem maybe. Spent hundreds of hrs on the phone with Bill, many fine hrs with Oscar as well. We traded some just unbelievable pix of silly twisted metal bbls. Ah, well.

On the Reno thing - as ususal the prices were way more than I care to pay. The skeet M12 was a good find tho. made in '46 to go with the one made in '47 that I have had for some time. The Cutts makes them a fine trap gun and it is always fun to see the regler trap guys cringe when they see the Cutts coming out on the line. Makes my day hahahaha
Been two yrs since the last "new" gun so I guess I wuz about due. Actually I suppose i bought it just to buy something since I have reached a point where I have what I need and the rest just sits. Hard to get it all in rotation as it is what with the price of shooting these days. I about sh7t myself when I saw the discount guys selling primers for $35/THOUSAND !!! May have to find a semi to hijack.
times up - gotta git

WtS

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, the show was mayhem.

Good you found something to line the safe with.
I managed to sell a rifle there early Saturday, good for me and good for the buyer.

Overall, the prices were just uncalled for.

Cheers
Tinker

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wonko, good to read your post and know you're alive. You buying primers? I can't think of but one thing to do with them. I thought you were on the wagon with reloading.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.