April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Hoot4570, SKB, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 412 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,803
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd be down like James Brown for a trip like that. Say, would the shooters be required to wear the breeks, the ties and all the other country-gentleman shooting attire? Or can I come and shoot dressed like I just came out of a Pearl Jam concert? Our country shooting attire here is flannel shirts and jeans with holes in them and a baseball cap. Kosher? Not Kosher?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Count me in on keeping us in the loop. I would be willing to do a trip like this.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jeff G.
I also think it is fine to post here (ignore the BBS NAZIsJeff G.

Mr. Jeff,
I was rereading this thread and I'm sure that you did not wish to offend anyone specifically, as your remark is very general. The poster who first raised "commerciality" is gomiata, a gentleman who runs a hunting preserve Stateside, so in fairness it’s understandable for him to raise that query, particularly as he has - to my belief - never promoted his operation in his posts here. Following some info I obtained for him he gracefully extended a shooting invitation to me. NOW, maybe if I could link that with Mr. Schefelbein's shoot invite...... ;-)

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
I would pay that just to go along. Heck, I would even be Kerryman's gunbearer and loader just to get to see the event.

C’mon Mike…, last time I was in Texas they complained that I spoke too fast and had a funny accent! Could we communicate without passing notes on Post-Its? If we meet up, I’ll bring you a tie!
Rs,
K.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think it would be a hoot! Wife and I could spend a little time touring and I'd detour for a couple days for the shoot. Let's go for it.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm with Mr. Wood. Sounds like fun. Also. when Diane and I were in Scotland last, we found a couple of estates that offered a walk up, clean up deal at reasonable rates...Scots Whisky not included...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Is there a chance to see some dog work on these shoots?

I would love to do a little shooting & hang out with the beaters, too. Seeing how it all happens and comes together would be very interesting.

And how "wild" is the game?

Thanks

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Kerryman Texans think the rest of the English speaking world talks too fast. But I am a Texas Aggie and can listen real fast so no problem. And a free tie!

Yeah Joe, and I could bring Ruth Anne and Last Dollar could bring Dianne and we could all stay with Small Bore while we were in England. That would save enough to pay for the pheasant shoot right there! I think staying with him any longer than a month might be imposing though.

Great idea Small Bore - Thanks!

Best,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 01/19/09 10:52 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm interested.

Jack

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Sounds encouraging.

There will be plenty of dog work to witness - the terriers and spaniels in teh line when walking, the spaniels and labradors picking up behin=d the gun line and then 'hoovering' the ground and going for runners afterwards.

Birds are released in July and are totally free. the 'keeper makes sure wthere is feed in teh woods and teh vermin are controlled. We will not shoot until November. By then birds are very mature and pretty wiley. By late December they are VERY educated. Drives are organised to produce very challenging shooting - you ask how many birds you will shoot - ask how many shots you will fire and you could be surprised. the wildfowl are all totally wild and not raised. We feed the lake and the birds come in if they like the look of it. We shoot this only occasionally but it produces exciting and unpredicatable shooting.

As for wearing a baseball cap and Anthrax T-shirt - sure - Just remember to bring a stick and a pair of leggings and to call all the guns 'Sir' before they send you off to beat out the thickest hedge!

The encouraging response confirms what I suspected and I'll put some flesh on the bones of this thing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Having only shot driven once, I'm a mere rookie. However, a very experienced "gun" told me that if you kill a bird for every 3 shots you fire, assuming decent driven birds, that's a good average. Small Bore, would be interested in hearing your take on that.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.