April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (SKB, montenegrin, GETTEMANS, Replacement, LeFusil, 1 invisible), 377 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,147
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Molloy-

Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on that. I would love to join the beaters. I think it would be a lot of fun.

I'm such a lousy shot that joining the shoot would probably be a waste of time.

Please drop me an email at the address below and I'll be in touch.

Thanks again,

OWD
hfn_03570@yahoo.com

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

I would be interested in a day or two Sir, I am based in Spain but also shoot in a syndicate near Haywards Heath. I get over to London 10 or so times a year. I have a muzzle loader Harkom I would like to use, please keep me informed, best, Mike Bailey

Sidelock
Sidelock

OWD,

E-mail sent

Eug

Thank you, very kind. Mine's a pint
Sidelock
Sidelock

you can save money and have a better experience by going for grouse about 100 miles north of saskatoon, sas. canada. several guides advertise on the web. ed1

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, save money perhaps but the experience? I followed my father grouse and Hun hunting 70 years ago north of Saskatoon where he was a RCAF flying instructor before going overseas the first year of the war. I'll go back again before I die.

But that driven hunting with all those blokes with their accents and guns, their etiquette and pubs and cheddar, smoked mackerel and meat pies, there's more fun and laughs there for us colonials than a year of Saturday Night Live!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Standing around in front of the gamekeepers house when the shooting was over, drinking hot tea and eating cornish pasties was worth the trip in itself. If I didn't have so many other trips I want to make I'g go again myself.

DLH

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
Sidelock
Sidelock

Let us all wait awhile and see what this new year will bring.
But if you keep your job and your house, and want an experience of a lifetime, get yourself into gear and plan a trip over the water, you will not regret it.
Eugene's offer is tremendous, but that is just typical of the man, a hell of a nice fellow.But you will meet many more.All I ask is that you train for the adventure, learn to drink copious amounts of room temperature beer, to ogle the barmaids, pay for your round, and don't be sick in the Bar and you will be fine.The shooting days are tremendous also.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Improved Modified and quailnut

I have posted a more detailled outline on 'Articles' on http://www.vintageguns.co.uk

I propose a day in Noven=mber to co-incide with Bonham's sale, two in December to co-incide with Holt's/Gavin Gardiner's and one in January (unfortunately no auction but all the London shops will be in January Sale mode and a trip around all the big gunshops, plus Harrods would be worthwhile.

I'm inclined to try with four days this time and go to six next year if it works out well.Discussions with the 'keeper and varous parties are promising, the majority edging towards driven rather than walk-and-stand but it is early days.

Visitor's Shotgun permits are no problem: just done one for Rocketman.

Boxlock
Boxlock

Small Bore

I'd like to volunteer as one of the loader/companions if you're ever short on numbers. I probably couldn't make all the days, due to existing syndicate commitments locally, and the distance, but I'd happily join you all for the day. I could also bring along a couple of vintage guns for visiting guns to use should there be a shortage.

best regards

SB

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm posting a report on a day at Dig's "stompin'" grounds. The photos should help you form some mental images as to what is on offer here with Dig's invitation.

No, this is not too expensive!!! I had a fantastic day at Dig's digs.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.