May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 263 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,495
Posts545,347
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline

Made time yesterday to take a few shots of the completed Fox project I've had in the works. This started as a Sterlingworth. The concept was to create a contemporary clays gun.
General consultation by Bill Murphy.
Research and design concepts by yours truly.
Engraving by Ken Hurst in North Carolina.
Stock, metal sculpting, barrel bluing and general gunsmithing by PGS in PA--Anthony Patti & Dan Rossiter, who became the central craftsmen on the project.
Mechanical gunsmithing by Glenn Fewless.
Stock finish and checkering by John Reese in Montana.
I got lucky and found some very talented people to work with.
Plan to write an article about the experience.
Hope y'all enjoy these photos.

Berle Cherney

Sidelock
Sidelock

That sleek little Fox frame lends itself perfectly to all kinds of custom work!!! Love It and nice job!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

OUTSTANDING. look forward to the article.

H&H

NOT A FAN OF PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE
Sidelock
Sidelock

Great job, Berle! Looks like it is ready to break some targets. Be careful not to let Murphy get any fingerprints on it!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's hard to top something like this. Very, very few people can come up with a different engraving concept than game scenes and scroll work and pull it off successfully like you have done. I think this gun ranks up with the top 5% of engraved guns in the world. It needs to be featured in a book.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

That's striking, no doubt. I would like to see more of the stock also.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Berle,

The art deco design of the engraving is outstanding. That took vision on your part. What a great idea, to use designs that were popular during the period Foxes were built to be the basis of the engraving patterns. I am, and never have been a fan of art deco design in furniture, architecture or sculpture. BUT!!!, this is fabulous. You have designed and collaborated on creating a truly beautiful gun.

I'm more of a basic guy when it comes to competition guns. My favorite sporting clays comp SxS is a Browning BSS in 30". But, I can certainly appreciate what you have done! I hope it shoots for you as well as it looks.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Your gun Berle is the most unique custom Fox that I've seen. Not exactly to everyone's taste for sure, but that's part of what makes it so unique. I must say that I'm warming up to it upon seeing it in completed form.

Congratulations!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Very very cool!!! Well done!!!

nid-28
Boxlock
Boxlock

Anthony and I are very thankful that Berle gave us the opportunity to be a part of such as excellent project. The end results are nicer than either of us could have imagined.
Thanks again Berle

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.