April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jimmy W, Southern Sport, Jtplumb, ChiefAmungum, Der Ami), 405 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,796
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

I like the engraving, and would really like to hear the story behind it -- Art Deco eagle & accents; a caduceus; vines with grapes; daisies? on the trigger guard; two stylized birds. I know there's a story there -- what is it? Thanks. Stanley

Sidelock
Sidelock

that is an outstanding gun! Bobby

OP Offline

Stanley:
Thanks for your kind words. I was simply looking for Art Deco designs that were appealing and would compliment the various canvas areas of the receiver. Other than the caduceus, which came from a photo I had taken years ago, I spent hundreds of dollars on books, scanned the designs I liked and met with Ken Hurst. Within an hour we agreed on which designs would be appropriate on the various canvas areas of the receiver. Some decisions were left entirely to Ken, who did a terrific job of blending the relationships of the various designs. The trigger guard design came from an Art Deco privacy screen. If you want more, I'll be happy to speak with you.
Berle

Sidelock
Sidelock

Great job! Unique to the n'th degree. And there seems no better gun to build these custom beauties on than the great A. H. Fox frame. If Ansley was not broke all the time just imagine the historical guns that would be out there today.

tim

Sidelock
Sidelock

The art deco engraving absolutely knocks me out!! I am stunned by its beauty and execution. You and Ken Hurst have created a masterpiece - very possibly Ken's "swan song" - the one ultimate work by which he will be immortalized. Congratulations on a work of art . . . I'm still trying to warm up to the sculpting of the wood . . .

Sidelock
Sidelock

Berle, very nice work indeed! I saw your gun several times over the months while in progress at PGS Services, and was looking forward to seeing pics of the completed project. I hope you'll be at the NE Classic Shoot along with Murphy again this year and you bring the Fox with you. Frank

I AM SILVERS, NOT SLIVER = two different members. I'm in the northeast, the other member is in MT.
CJO Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

That is a really "Cool" looking piece for sure!!

Not only does it show great vision on your part,....but it looks like one hell of a serious target gun!

LOVE IT!!

CJ

The taste of poor quality lingers long after the cheap price is forgotten.........
Sidelock
Sidelock

Frank, apparently my friend, Berle, will not be at the Northeast Shoot. He would like me to take the as yet unnamed sporter with me to the shoot. I don't know if I will, in fact, do that. I like to sleep at night, not worry about losing a gun to thieves. My travelling guns are all rustbuckets for that reason. By the way, Researcher, I only fired the Fox two times on the shakeout and still haven't missed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Very nice Ken! Very Chrysler building, especially on the top tang! Love it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

DBLTRBL --- SOOO glad you spotted the work on the top tang and related it to the bldg. I had to have it upside down to fit the area --- the rest of the design came from the same bldg.
I'd also like to thanks the rest of y'all for your kind words BUT, I have to credit Mr. Beryl for his hard work researching and printing all the pictures he gave me to work with. There were many many pictures of artdeco to work from . Mr. Beryl took the time to set down at the kitchen table and go thru them with me in order to determine what design should go where --- he was really the designer of this piece, I only cut the lines and such.
High prase should also go to Glenn Fewless , Anthony & Dan , Classic Guns inc (for the greyed case hardening). They all worked/played well together to make this project come together easily & quickly. For me, it was a pleasure working with them & I look forward to doing so again.

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.