April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (WJW), 1,065 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,299
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

To answer a few questions and add to a few comments above:

You can find out about DeHaan Shotguns at http://www.dhshotguns.com/

There has been some comparison of DeHaan and other Huglu SGs. Here's what Mark DeHaan has to say on that topic:

Quote:
Hello,

There has been a lot of discussion lately about Huglu shotguns with the misconception that all Huglu’s are the same. I very carefully avoid commercializing on this site, but these issues have been raised and I appreciate the opportunity to post a note to clarify it. My main goal is to detail the fact that DeHaan shotguns are NOT the same as “other” Huglu shotguns

What are these differences? While I do not spend a lot of time studying the other distributors’ guns, I know there are differences between our guns and other Huglu shotguns. There are differences in certain specifications (dimensions, finishes, engraving, etc.) as made at the factory. But the biggest difference between our guns and other Huglu guns is what happens after the guns leave the factory. At DeHaan, we do not simply get them in and ship them out. We do a substantial amount of work on each gun to bring it up to our standards before we send it to a customer. The guns from the factory are a bargain and a great start with much excellent craftsmanship, but they definitely need some improvement in certain areas before we will ship them out. My standards are certainly much higher than the factory’s standards. After dealing with many thousands of these guns, I know that anyone who sells the guns “as is” right out of the box without a rigorous quality control program like ours will have significant problems.

At DeHaan, every gun we sell is taken apart and key areas inspected and adjusted if necessary (trigger pull weights, safety smoothness, sear selector block alignment and engagement, firing pin adjustment, proper ease in opening, cosmetic flaws, etc.) Then we test fire every gun to further check for smooth and correct operation. In short, we do all we can to insure that when our guns leave our shop they are fine guns, excellent values, and that the customer will be well pleased with them. Further, we do all we can to give excellent customer service should there be a later problem.

I sometimes get asked – With all my experience with these guns, if I didn’t have any part of this business, would I still buy one? My answer is absolutely yes. I am very convinced that dollar for dollar they are the best value out there. I understand that we are a lesser know entity and there is a certain amount of “other brand loyalty” (some call it snobbery). But to group us with other Huglu’s and their problems is not accurate. Our unique commitment to quality control and customer service sets us apart.

Please contact us directly if you have any specific questions we can help with. Thanks for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Mark DeHaan and staff at DeHaan Shotguns

Here's a link to the DeHaan Forum on SGW. Disclaimer - It is sponsored by DeHaan SG's, but I believe everything posted there is legitimate, and that's also where I copied/pasted the above quote from.

My opinion of DeHaan Shotguns? I own 2, which together cost me over $4,000 and I'm very satisfied with value for money. I've got a U5E with over 13,000 rds. though it. Both firing pins have been broken and replaced (free of charge) and I've been supplied with 2 spares "just in case" (again free of charge). I've also got an SGr which is a fantastic bargain. A custom made, truly bespoke shotgun for less than an RBL! Better yet, the gun is in hand, while the RBL I had ordered was still just a figment of my imagination. Until I cancelled and bought the SGR, that is.

Here are some pics:

Last edited by BPGuy; 12/17/06 04:15 PM.

Like the 28 Ga? Check it out:

28 Ga. Society
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice Gun BPGuy! I'll post mine after I get it and evaluate it. What grade of wood is that? I got the standard grade. I figured I would dent it up as I slid down a chuckar slope in the West Desert. Makes me feel like I should have upgraded the wood instead of ordering the "other" SXS that had been on order for a year! Shoot Straight.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Is the SGR a side plated boxlock or a sidelock?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have an SO 12g. Beautiful gun. Handles well and shoots where I'm looking. I shoot a LOT of sporting clays with it and never had any problems. If you are considering a DeHann, ask for a trigger job. Spoke to Mark, who's very helpful BTW, and he said their triggers are appx 6 1/2 lbs. I asked for 4 1/2 for each and he said no problem, and better yet, no extra charge!!! I can't afford a Fox, Winchester or Elsie, so this gun worked for me. I shot a Stevens 16g (Chicopee Falls, MA) that was my Pappy's favorite gun, for years. It was time for something else, and the Dehann filled the bill. You'll be pleased. Good shooting, and BTW, Merry Christmas!!!

Mike Koneski

MOLON LABE
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.