April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,138 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,299
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Sidelock
Sidelock

Why don't you tell us all about it Doug....and where did those creations come from?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Doug.....Remember the Old Addage'"Keep the Experts Guessing!!!!The Late Tommy Haas and the "Band of Brothers" he delt with used that 'Creedo'! Look what its done for the'Antique' gun market today!!!!!"Here's Looking At Your All Original *******!! Who said'Only The Shadow Knows'?This P/Bros.No.168304 is turning out to be an Interesting Project! I'm looking forward to my visit to 'J.D.J.Inc.with Capt.Fender& Col.LaRue. Gun History waiting to be'Made'.."Happy Holidays" Crossed Chisles.

Sidelock
Sidelock

David, I remember a conversation at Northbrook this year when you referenced Tommy Haas and it brought a smile to my face. Guys, I'm here to tell you that there are some scary good examples of ah "reproductions" out there in the world; all created by the "merry band of brothers". In fact the engraver of choice in that group (initials are H.A.) lives about 2 miles from me. I believe that the practice is still alive and well.

Doug Mann
Sidelock
Sidelock

Doug, Did you see all the Great Photos Barry Lee H took of "The Group" @Northbrook? We all looked like we Knew what we were doing with our noses close to the Subject!!! I've not 'Touched Base' with 'H.A.'for many 'Moons'. Before T.H.Left for the'Reproduction part of "H",(That I'm sure he is running at 'FULL_BLAST') one of his 'Munchkins'told me 'He'wanted all myPhotos & Negs. destroyed, OR ELSE!!!(They went down with my ship,.'Moons' ago!!!!History and Firearms, Wonderful Stuff!!I'm trying to put some of my Leningrad, USSR Visit May 1991,Catherine the Greats Flintlock Fowler, Czar Nicholas ii,LeBeau, a Purdey 12 I was allowed to Strip-down to examin, and the Holland D/R...If I can figure out this PhotoBouquet....C/C

Sidelock
Sidelock

Doug and David, now you guys play nice or JJ will have a hard time getting his six figures. My V Grade Parkers are looking better all the time.

I am refering to the "Gold Gun" that is in the Herzog collection.
I know nothing about the other gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I bet some in the Parker vanity set are starting to gasp for air, and reaching for their nitro tablets on the night stand.
I can hear them ringing for their nurses now!

Last edited by Lowell Glenthorne; 12/20/06 08:09 PM.

This is a pic of DT with the Catherine the Great fowler. Perhaps Mr Crossed Chisels can fill in the details.
BLH

All the best,
Barry Lee Hands
http://www.barryleehands.com

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Photo that Barry L Hands has 'Posted'is another one that he found 'digging through my Albums' when he was on his visit to the Museum of Perpetual Mess!!!McIntosh, David Baker & I had Bribed our way into tha Artillery Museum,(Then Leningrad)Our Guide used Bottles of Vodka to get us our Tour! We were the only"Tourists" that had been inside the 'Fortress Walls" for a long time.MMcI and I did a several page story in D'Cote's Wonderful'Can never throw them away' DB/Gun/Journey.The Russian Gentleman I am with is Jurij Natsvaladze. He was the "Storeroom Curator"For some reason I was given free reign' to handle,Break-Down, any of the Firearms we wanted to look at, MMcI gives an explanation in the DGJ artical)The Flint Fowler was built for Catherine the Great, it was inlaid with Gold and crusted with precious stones.I was invited into the "Back-Room" of the storeroom where Ihandled weapons owned by Czars Alexander and Nicholas.Also a LeBeau .410 db Side-Lock built for one of Czar Nicholas II's children,(Have Grand Photos of it)I found a Purdey 12b, Holland DB Rifle, Mike did the later research on the H&H, I checked the Purdey out when I was deep in JPs records on my later visit to Audley St. Back then(1991) that Storeroom was a 'Treasure Trove'of Guns. Mike writes about our Travels in USSR,as usual there is 'Humor', Like me getting MMcI chased away from the front of our hotel by a 'Large Woman' wrapped in old sacks and waving a 'Witch's Broom above her head, and screaming in Russian'Something Not Nice, I'm Sure(Good Photos of that also!!)Mikes story'Misadventures in Mother Russia', is in 'Travelers Tales' I'm sure Carol @ Gunnerman see her Ad in Dbgun Book Rack.. Whowwie, I'm knackered....Crossedchisles.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My friend:
Not knackered but wonderful in a pixilated(best, happy definition) sort of way. You, your life and adventures are well worth a movie !!!!
Bless you !!
Best,
John

Humble member of the League of Extraodinary Gentlemen (LEG). Joined 14 March, 2006. Member #1.
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.