May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Canvasback13), 373 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,540
Posts546,040
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

On the advice of an experienced shooter I went looking this weekend for a pair of golf gloves to use when shooting trap.

I went to a golf specialty store and asked to be shown the gloves. I was taken to a large rack, and to my surprise almost all the packages had gloves only for the left hand. Moreover, the packages with right hand gloves did not match the style or color of the left hand gloves. I asked if there were any packages with both left and right hand gloves and the store clerk asked me why. I told him, "Because I hold my shotgun with both hands." You should have seen his jaw drop. He would not have been more surprised if I had grown a second head. In the whole time he had been working at the store nobody had ever asked for a pair of golf gloves.

True story.

Guess this is what I get for living in New Jersey.

By the way, the leather golf gloves I got are the nicest gloves I have ever seen.

Lou

Last edited by Bushmaster; 09/16/09 07:56 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

That would be an unusual request anywhere. Golf gloves are never worn on both hands. However, it is surprising that you can't find the the same make of left and right gloves sold separately. Try globalgolf.com.

Last edited by Gr8day; 09/16/09 08:51 AM.
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Golf glove idea is a good one. I've used golf gloves for shooting clay targets for over 30 years. I happen to have relatively short fingers and the gloves clearly help with the grip. I can hold the gun more "softly" and still have control. In hot weather I wear one and in cooler weather, both.

I've had the same issue as yourself in trying to match gloves. Whenever I'm in a Golf or Pro Shop, I try on gloves and If I get lucky and find a matching pair, I go home with them. Only exception - White gloves. Too distracting.

The internet may be your answer if you have "standard" sized hands.

Some golfers do wear two gloves when they play, but it not common.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Try looking at batting gloves. They come in pairs and are just as thin as golf gloves.

For cold weather, I use the newer style of tight-fitting work gloves that are sold in Home Depot for $10 or so. But the batting gloves work until the temperatures hit the teens or you are abnormally sensitive to cold.

Bruce

Sidelock
Sidelock

I use driving gloves mainly because that what I have. They work nicely.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lots of parallels between these two sports I'd never considered until just now. Keep your head down. Swing through it. Correct stance. Muscle memory. Visualize the shot before you take it. Blame your new shells/balls. Pick your partners carefully. Have a couple drinks when you're done. Pray your wife doesn't suspect how much you really spend on this game. TT

"The very acme of duck shooting is a big 10, taking ducks in pass shooting only." - Charles Askins
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Two Triggers
Lots of parallels between these two sports I'd never considered until just now. Keep your head down. Swing through it. Correct stance. Muscle memory. Visualize the shot before you take it. Blame your new shells/balls. Pick your partners carefully. Have a couple drinks when you're done. Pray your wife doesn't suspect how much you really spend on this game. TT

Big difference is that I shoot because it is the best way to really enjoy vintage guns.

Don't think many golfers play golf because they really enjoy swinging old clubs.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Golf gloves are made in pairs. Just ask for a pair of winter golf gloves. Personally I use batting gloves.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Two Triggers

You forgot "Lie about your score!"

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have to admit "whiffing a few" and taking a "mulligan" in both sports. But I've yet to "shank" a clay target. Oh no!!!!....I said shank!!

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.