May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Sandlapper, Tamid, bushveld, Tim in PA), 858 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,852
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

"Allagash Trader" is the ebay sellers name if you want to do a search. Lots of gun photos by Headrick actually and not just Parker or shotguns.

EDM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: RHD45
"Allagash Trader" is the ebay sellers name if you want to do a search. Lots of gun photos by Headrick actually and not just Parker or shotguns.

Thanks Dave--and others--for what I asked for. I called Bill and the fridge magnets were news to him.

There are two items on eBay, search parker gun* or #220400841261. I didn't search other stuff by the Allagash Trader, but methinks he has a problem of the worst kind. Violate a copyright and you go to jail, or at least have a federal rap with the FBI if it's a video or DVD. As to copyrighted magazine photos laid on a scanner and put on fridge magnets, which are sold in interstate commerce? Still not good. Why anybody would take the risk to peddle $16 items on eBay is a puzzlement. EDM

EDM
Sidelock
Sidelock

GregSY, BH does write about guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have seen text alongside his very nice photos but I have never been able to make classify it as writing. A basic principle of writing, IMO, is that the reader must be less confused after the process is complete.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GregSY
I have seen text alongside his very nice photos but I have never been able to make classify it as writing.

I don't know what you are talking about. I've read a number of excellent articles of his in DGJ...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah, I've seen several pieces he's written about hunting with his father. And one about shooting starlings over decoys if memory serves.....

DLH

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well...If I have to defend myself I'll go dig out a few DGJ's where he has articles that I can't tell what he's talking about.

Me: The gun has a beautiful set of full choked 36" barrels topped by a factory vent rib, along with a deeply engraved receiver and Circassian walnut stock.

BH: Oh, what might this hoary night be told of when the darkness falls and said hunter gazes along the Delta of Venus and wonders aloud to only the glades, perhaps, when his gun will call again.

Sidelock
Sidelock

GregSy,
First of all, go here.

http://www.aerowarriors.com/nawtables.html

I don't have any "beloved" Fords, never have. Never have had a Crysler product, either. I do love the truth, however, and you may want to look (and, count) total victories in the Ford Column vs the Mopar column. Table 2 is the one where you will need all your fingers and toes to figure it out. But, I trust you will.

I just saw you spouting the conventional wisdom about Mopar products on one occasion, and wanted it set straight. You can count, right? Say, speaking of conventional wisdom, did you happen to catch the last auction show on SpeedVision, when the 1968 B5 blue Road Runner hemi export car, complete with all documentation, 1 of 1, Perfect car, didn't make $50,000?

Seems the new conventional wisdom is anything made in the Aerocar era, by Chrysler, with a hemi, is now considered one of the worst possible investments of the last millenium.

I have an Olds 442, by the way. It was built the year Oldsmobile showed up for the first, and last time, and swept C stock with a W-30. An Olds engineer at the time wondered out loud why they had bothered. Look it up.

I find Headrick's prose far more factual, entertaining, and important then anything you have ever written. Like I said, pull out the Brownie and the quill anytime, polish up 'them turds you call guns, I'll be happy to tell you what I think of your work.

Right after every editor you can find does.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted, when you were born, did you have a tail?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dustin says, "Today is a gift, Have Fun."
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.