May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (prairie ghost), 843 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,504
Posts545,543
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: MaacK
We sold the Aya and a few others! Sorry!

The guy that is the "gun" expert told us not to tell anyone about the guns because it would "lower" the value of the gun if a lot of people knew about it. What do you guys think about that statement?

More people = more $. Is he trying to rip us off?

Your kidding right ?
That is all you should need to know that he is trying to steal them,whats this experts name ?

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

[quote=MaacK]We sold the Aya and a few others! Sorry!

The guy that is the "gun" expert told us not to tell anyone about the guns because it would "lower" the value of the gun if a lot of people knew about it. What do you guys think about that statement?

More people = more $. Is he trying to rip us off? [/quote

again - where are you located? someone here will undoubtedly give you a reputable name nearby to check out you guns.
if you find the thread on "Cowboy's HE Fox" you'll see what I mean. within hours of posting, the guy got a ton of good advice and a hookup with Steven Dodd Hughes, as reputable a source as you'll find anywhere.
And avoid your "expert" like the plague. anyone who tells you to limit your advertising is, at best, giving you bad advice.

“When faith is lost, when honor dies, the man is dead” - John Greenleaf Whittier
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you haven't, you should probably look at some gun sites like http://www.gunbroker.com or http://www.gunsinternational.com
This will give you ideas of what others are selling their guns for. I am certainly no expert, but you have some beautiful guns and should take your time in selling them if that's what you want to do with them.

Lots of Luck
Tom

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: MaacK

More people = more $. Is he trying to rip us off?

This expert's name wouldn't be Wilson, would it?

Keep this joker at arm's length. Your best bet is to find a reputable dealer of higher end guns near to you. They may offer to purchase outright or be willing to sell on consignment. The other alternative is an auction house that has the appropriate clientele. Others here should be able to help with finding either.

Pete

MaacK Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Thanks guys. Yes, I knew what this guy said was insane.

We're located in Delaware, technically they are my dad's guns and I'm helping him. He is on a cruise right now so I really can't do too much until he's back on Monday.

max Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Maack, if you are looking to sell these guns you might consider one of the big auction houses like James Julia or Rock Island.

Regards,

Max

MaacK Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Hey Max, James Julia actually gave us a lot of issues. They told us none of our guns were worth our time, then turned around and said they wanted to send a guy to our house to look at them. We told them no thanks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Boy what I wouldn't give to wrap my hands around that Purdey....

Alas a working sap like me can't afford such things, thanks a million for letting me/us view them, if you could hook up with one of the more knowledgable members here in your area, you'd be miles ahead. If I lived anywhere near Delaware I'd give you a hand-gladly just to expirience those guns. I would give RIA a call I have been to their auctions several times and they do a great business. For the type of guns you have they would most likely be happy to fly to you for the opportunity to sell them.

Good luck and keep us all posted..

Double guns and English Setters
Sidelock
Sidelock

MaacK,Thats a nice looking"Well Traveled 1890s PURDEY. I'm sure someone will soon mention that the stock has had a "Cod" fitted to the Straight-Hand stock, converting it into a "Pistol-Grip". They can be made as a "Temporary" that can be removed puting it back to a Straight-Hand stock, or made to be a permanent fixture as I think your gun is. I am sure that you will have a potential "Punter" Knock Down the Value somewhat over the "Pistol-Grip"! If you want to have a Minor Heart Attack' ask David Maynard(PURDEYS longest serving employee at the "Front-Shop") the Cost or Restocking Your Nice Old Side-Lock! Regards,...Purdeys Oldest Living Stockmaker(In America).Crossed Chisles'.

MaacK Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

No problem, crossedchisles. They are indeed a pleasure to own. I was told by Purdey themselves this information:

I have looked the 12 bore Purdey hammerless
self opening ejector gun no.16510 in our records & have found the following
information:
Completed in 1899 for W. H. Bass.
This gun was made to match Purdey gun no.15789 which was made For Mr W. H. Bass in 1896.
29" barrels, 2 1/2" chambers later made 2 5/8", chokes right cylinder left modified choke.
Original stock length 14 3/8" mid.
Original weight of gun 6lb 8oz.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.