May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (FlyChamps), 293 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,570
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

You 'give the money to the family' guys are in need of some legal training.....when the family collected the insurance payment (and who in the world insured shotguns back then????) they gave up all rights to the gun. I can assure you of that without even seeing the contract.

Maybe the insurance company has a claim to it....but the sad fact is I don't spend a lot of time crying over insurance company losses.

Let's hope Big Whoop finds its new home and disappears for the next 60 years so I'll be sure to be dead by then.

Sidelock
Sidelock

They will be coming out of the woodwork now. roaches.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The statute of limitations ran out long ago on whatever the insurance company could have claimed as "salvage".

Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe in law there is a rule of three. Any of you lawyers out there who can explain the limit of liability? It has been a LONG time since I attended the Business Law class.

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

It'll be interesting to see if it surfaces again in my lifetime. Figuring it cost the new owner about $205K +/- I wonder about it's value in the future. My guess is that the guy that ends up with it after the dust settles will think little of the price and be a very proud owner. Good for him. That is really what collecting is all about anyway, ain't it?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I also wonder what it will be worth in the future. I mean, what portion of the legend is due to the fact that Nash Buckingham owned it and how much to the fact is was mysteriously missing for 70 (?) years until a few weeks before the auction? So, fifty years from now we have "the gun that Buckingham owned" and , (see footnote)...it was missing briefly once upon a time, but there's no mystery to that since we know all the details. Couple all that with the fact that it's far from one of the finest quality Foxes known and I think it's no longer cherry.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike,
My inexperienced opinion, next week, more, next year more yet, 10 yrs, probably more still, 20 yrs? I'm skeptical it'd be worth as much as it was ten yrs before. But, I suppose if I could predict the future, I wouldn't be hangin 'round this site either.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keep in mind there are still a bunch of old geezers (!) to whom Nash Buckingham meant something - they were alive when he was. But in 50 years the youngsters are far less likely to care.

They'll probably be more interested in his work with Fleetwood Mac than his guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg,
My point exactly. The gun's value seems to hinge on a generation's values that is fading fast. As long as they are around, it'll be worth more and more. Once the influence of Mr. Buckingham's writings wane, it'll have an impact on the value of his gun...if it is his gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GregSY
Keep in mind there are still a bunch of old geezers (!) to whom Nash Buckingham meant something - they were alive when he was. But in 50 years the youngsters are far less likely to care.

They'll probably be more interested in his work with Fleetwood Mac than his guns.

Agreed, but you fall victim to your own logic. In 50 years no one (OK, few) will care who Nash, Lindsey, OR Fleetwood Mac were. Most "youngsters" don't know who Lindsey Buckingham or Fleetwood Mac are NOW.

Who's got rights to the gun? Buckinghams? Insurance Company? I don't know the answer, but morally speaking I just can't agree that it belongs to anyone else. Legalities are another matter.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.